Ratings: Six Months Later

[quote]ooooohhhh droolies, an omni gallery. but as I laugh at myself what would I choose? It took me almost a year and a half before I decided on a featured gallery submission.] What I think I would like to see is a section on each home page, "These galleries are really cool" That way you can follow links to galleries that are within your interest, or at least interesting to those who's collections you admire. Perhaps it could be three categories "the gallery I'm most in awe of", the coolest specialized gallery" and "a great new gallery" or some other descriptors.[/quote]

Semi-OT, but that makes me want to bring up, there is the option of the favorite RS links page that's been locked up for a while.. will that become active anytime soon? Like Foechadan, I want to see a section where we can list our favorite galleries, etc, though with that link it would be another section entirely, rather than becoming part of the homepage. An omnigallery would be fun, though I'm in the same boat, I wouldn't know what to pick.

Back to ratings, I'm part of it just because I think it's kind of fun, I'm happy if someone likes my gallery, but it doesn't kill me if they don't. I certainly don't collect for other collectors, it's entirely for myself. ;p Like Lavinia said, I really think the rated list needs a "last updated" feature (I think I mentioned that earlier, but I think it got lost in the post). The problem isn't the rating itself, it's that it becomes outdated.
Echo
Lunar Reflections
May 08 at 2:27 PM
Hey, just an idea. I know it would be rather wrong to display Who rated what, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad to at least have a list of What people rated your gallery, but keeping the score anonymous. That way it might deter some from blatantly posting low scores for fear that their name would continuously pop up across several galleries. Again, just a thought...

That and I am just curious in general to find out who took the time to look and rate.
Edited May 09 at 4:05 AM
Startyde
The Startyde
May 09 at 4:01 AM
[quote]That way it might deter some from blatantly posting low scores for fear that their name would continuously pop up across several galleries.[/quote]

While it might be nice to see who rated who's gallery, and to ease the curiousity some, though I hope someone wouldn't assume a person's given a bunch of galleries all 1's just because they've rated everyone. It might deter those who are purposely sabotaging ratings, however it might cause assumptions as well. Tokyoanime and I as well as many others have taken the time to rate tons of galleries and I'd hate for someone to assume we're the ones giving everyone low scores just because we're voting so much. I don't know though, maybe I'm just being paranoid, maybe someone wouldn't assume that. ;p
Edited May 09 at 3:05 PM
Echo
Lunar Reflections
May 09 at 3:03 PM
Oh, well I just assumed it was you anyway Echo, so it really wouldn't change anything...
:) :) ;)
Startyde
The Startyde
May 09 at 5:24 PM
::glomps Startyde::

Keeping me on my toes eh Jon? ;)

Nah, my strategy is to give you all 10's so you think you have something when you really don't. Those people giving out the 1's are just throwing me off. ;p

(err.. you know I'm kidding, right?)
Edited May 09 at 6:01 PM
Echo
Lunar Reflections
May 09 at 5:45 PM
Welcome! Login or Register