anime:the movie

I actually do want to kind of see Kenshin as a movie with the caveat that it would have to be a heavily reworked version of the first OVA and they actually cast an authentic teenage swordsman as Himura, like someone training for the Olympics in saber fighting or the Japanese national high-school level kendo champion.

Plus, I'd like to see computers used for something other than a sci-fi movie... I'd want the effects guys to take an already super athletic actor and draw in a couple extra frames to make the kid move as fast as, say, people in the video game Soul Caliber.

On top of all this, they'd have to sell it primarily as a drama and/or love story.

So will it happen? Of course not.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 27 at 9:47 AM
I'd like to see it myself if all of the production elements fit- story, acting, accuracy, and budget/fx blend in nicely-- and not over "Holly-sized". I would hate to see it otherwise turn out like Batman did.
E
Jan 29 at 2:56 AM
there actually making a Dragon Ball Z movie - I cringe at the thought...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367678/
morganv
morgan's gallery
Jan 29 at 1:04 PM
Hey, I liked the first Batman movie. And Christopher Nolan (Memento) is making the next one so that might erase all the bad memories of George Clooney.

Mmm... Dragonball Z movie. I hope it's as good as the Super Mario Brothers movie.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 29 at 1:34 PM
one can only hope ^_^
morganv
morgan's gallery
Jan 29 at 3:36 PM
Welcome! Login or Register