anime:the movie

[adminpoll]31[/adminpoll]

This, of course, assumes that the movie your favorite anime will be made into is one of those $100-million action-packed summer blockbuster action types.

Dragonball, Evangelion, Gunm, Akira, and probably more I can't think of at the moment are rumored to be brewing in development at big-name movie studios.

Maybe your favorite is "Please Save My Earth". In that case, I think something will get lost in translation.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 26 at 1:09 AM
I think no matter what the anime, expectation would be so high nothing could satisfy it. They would all be doomed to failure. From casting to story it would never be "just right"

I hope I haven't put the kaibash on any further discussion...
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Jan 26 at 2:51 PM
AAARGGG!!! Can you imagine how campy Vampire Princess Miyu would be live action.........shutters at the thought......But then again if we could talk Quinton Tarentino into making a live action A-Kite, that would be cool.
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Jan 26 at 6:28 PM
I think it depends on the anime. I havent seen it, but a few months ago a movie came out with, hmm...basicaly transformerish looking things going on. I cant remember the name of the movie, but it looked cool enough. If there was a macross/robotech movie made with such CG and good casting, I would love to see it.
Thrance
Thrance's Cels
Jan 26 at 11:07 PM
Of course if they had the perfect actors setting, FX, etc. then sure! But hmmmm, Inu Yasha as a real life character, I dunno...seems too far- fetched.

Rurouni Kenshin maybe, X/1999 perhaps as long as all the guys are bishie it doesn't get cheesy like X-Men. Utena, definitlely no (gets too weird), Ranma 1/2 I shudder to think. Escaflowne perhaps...

Hmmm, good topic. Ugh, now I'm gonna have weird dreams with anime characters coming to life!
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Jan 26 at 11:12 PM
Welcome! Login or Register