More than meets the eye

We seem to be having a surge in popularity here in the old-school classic known and loved by millions: Transformers. In light of this -- and being that time of the year -- today's poll is about Christmas letdowns of yesteryear.

This actually never happened to me, but it was always my biggest fear as a child. I was afraid my parents weren't cool enough to know the difference and would just get that *other* robot toy from the 1980s. You can't fool kids.

Side note: If you've never been lucky enough to have one of these and you like desk toys, go to eBay and get one. There are possibly the coolest action figure ever designed along with the Kaiyodo Eva toys. My Jetfire is missing an arm and old enough to get a driver's license. Still my fav.

If you have the original Macross Valkrie that got turned into Jetfire stateside, quadruple geek points for you. (I want to come over and play.)
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 22 at 11:03 PM
[adminpoll]27[/adminpoll]

Oops, forgot the poll part.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 22 at 11:03 PM
actualy i liked both gobots and transformers! most of the gobots did suck, but there were a very few i loved in toy form and a few from the show. although i hated scooter with zeal.
Thrance
Thrance's Cels
Dec 23 at 11:04 PM
Sadly I was too old and a girl..........I had to live vicariously through my little brother who got ALL the cool transformers, star wars, and GI Joe figures. Thanks to me, not a Gobots figure in the lot!.........(Still pissed off about only ever getting barbie)
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Dec 23 at 11:53 PM
I guees I only had it half as bad. I was just to old for gobots and transformers. At least you had a little brother. It's a lot harder to live vicariously when the popular girls toys were strawberry shortcake and the care bears.
pogo
Catgirls, Beauties & Other Cels
Dec 24 at 2:57 AM
Welcome! Login or Register