fishing for server parts

JN, I still dont think anyone would really bother. Its one item for yourself, your not marketing it. But ah well. How about a cel with a non matching bg? Or a sword cane for pesky lawyers to be dispatched with when the come to you complaining! I still want my coffee mug
Thrance
Thrance's Cels
Dec 13 at 3:15 PM
I was just wondering about the shirts - are they all standard t-shirts or will there be some of the baby t-shirt style for us girls?
felicity-chan
Felicity-chan's Oasis
Dec 13 at 8:31 PM
Haven't made any decisions about shirts. Probably won't make any decisions until after the new year. The first run may very well be all standard t-shirts because I might silk-screen them myself. I don't know what sizes typical female styles run, so if I have to preorder I'm totally in the dark. All my female friends are these tiny little girls whose shirts I could probably use as oven mitts. I think they only represent an average of short people. I'm clueless.

Need to probably assemble a poll to find out what things people want most. My only condition is that I won't sell anything that sucks. If I wouldn't buy it, you shouldn't have to (well, aside from the girl shirts).
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 16 at 2:41 AM
I was on a bowling team called "Prime Rollers" once and our team name was based on the Transformers. I decided to make team shirts for each member, based on the Transformer we had matched that person to (based on their bowling style).

I sent a letter to Hasbro's legal department explaining that I wished to use their licensed images, detailing which Transformers with sample artwork and an image of the proposed completed design. After a few weeks, I received a very nice letter granting me permission to use the images I wanted for the purpose I specified.

This might be a case where asking for permission ahead of time is easier than seeking forgiveness afterward.

Or...Maybe we could have a Rubberslug contest for original Rubberslug artwork, where there's a slight fee (earmarked for the server upgrade) to submit a design? It might be more fun to come up with images of our own and sidestep the whole tricky intellectual rights issue all together.

As always, just my two cents! ^_^
Kitt
Forever Dreaming
Dec 16 at 9:14 AM
Difference is, those shirts are at cost.

Sorry, but I'm not about to a) track down every American licensee (Viz, Pioneer, Bandai, ADV, CPM, Tokyo Pop, Funimation, etc., etc. etc, etc.), b) keep records about what I can and cannot print, and c) go through all this trouble for a markup of under ten bucks per shirt.

Heck, I'm not sure I even like the concept of putting specific anime characters on shirts. Makes it seem to much about having a favorite character on a shirt rather than collecting/preserving animation art.

I've got some ideas for shirt designs, so for now we'll probably handle all that stuff internally. At some point in the future, we might have a contest where members can design a line of shirts. There won't be any charge to enter a contest, don't worry.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 16 at 12:16 PM
Welcome! Login or Register