The state of the Anime Cel collecting community.

Five pages of comments that something needs to be done and no one stands up and volunteers to do anything.

Why am I not surprised?

I'll be the first to admit that my computer skills suck to the point that I'm surprised they even let me own one. But I'll be damned if I let a resource like RS fade away without a fight.

So, here's the deal...if someone with some coding knowledge is willing to work on a site, I'll pay for the site. Same thing with RS; If Jason was willing to work on the site or outsource it to someone else, I'll help pay for that too. I think it's absurd that some of us pay hundreds of dollars for artwork but then can't be bothered to donate to help save a resource that benefits us all.
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Oct 11 at 11:57 AM
That is just it; people HAVE volunteered and people HAVE told Jason that they are willing to pay for the maintenance in form of a paid membership, but he's not open to that.
Edited Oct 11 at 1:19 PM
Wendy
Royal Crimson
Oct 11 at 12:49 PM
Yeah. If Jason were open to passing RS along or monetizing it, it would have happened by now.

One can still hope that it might yet happen one day.

Building an alternative site is always an option, but you'd need to find someone willing and able to do so.

We do not have the ability, so please understand if we don't offer. ^_~
Angelic-Lair
Oct 11 at 2:38 PM
I seem to recall a lot of balking when Jason started asking for monthly fees for RS around the time that only those who were paid members would be allowed to sell in the RS shop. The resounding opinion was that no one was going to pay a maintenance fee if no additional work would be done to the site.

Has the community thought of hiring someone to make a new RS? I would be surprised if someone in the community doesn't have a younger cousin/niece/nephew that has a summer vacation to kill and wouldn't love the chance at earning some money.
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Oct 11 at 10:52 PM
But then youre asking a total stranger with no track record to take on a fairly big project, not knowing how much/if you can pay them...

I dont think id pay a monthly fee...especially since there is no real sense of managment here other than active community members and the fact that free is always better lol

If there was sponsorship all over the site it would make the owner enough money to maintain and improve whilst making him some profit as well, but of course to get sponsorship you need a decent amount of traffic and i dont know what stats this site gets, it could do but i dont know about that...on top of that whoever is in charge would need to find sponsors to sell ad space to

Whoever made the site and got it to where it is done a good job anyway based on the size of the community maybe what we have now is more than youd expect already?...
under9000
HyperbolicCels
Oct 12 at 3:08 AM
Welcome! Login or Register