Everything up for offer

Both shikishi sketches look exactly like every counterfeit Oda and Miyazaki shikishi sketch I've seen for sale on YJ.

With these two artists, unless what you have is a photo of them drawing it , a magazine letter or something from Mandarake, I would not accept it as being proof. I've seen fake "proof" letters associated with these artists as well. There's a seller on YJ who sells counterfeits with fake letters.

If you have a scan or photo of their proof of authenticity, I'd like to see them.

edit - I've noticed the Totoro and One Piece shikishi are no longer in your gallery. Assuming you didn't sell them, that's a very telling sign indeed.
Edited Mar 30 at 9:05 PM
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Mar 30 at 12:24 PM
Both the totoro and one piece shikishi were never in my gallery for starters...

I'm a fan and a collector... just like you, can't see why the need to thrash and just attack to be honest...

Are you actually interested in acquiring them? for starters?
Fredinsky
Fredinsky's Shelter
Mar 30 at 10:08 PM
You didn't answer my question - Do you have proof (in the form of a photo, promotional award letter or Mandarake notice) that the Miyazaki and Oda sketches are legit? Because, even examining the Oda shikishi, I see a couple of glaring errors. Look at the E in Eiichiro - Why is it shaky? Doesn't an artist know how to sign their own name? It looks like someone who isn't familiar with cursive wrote that.

Heres a video of Oda signing - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=23iIjnnv9Qc

My concern is that these two artists are two of the most counterfeited artists out there. When two shikishi pop up that look exactly like ever counterfeit on YJ, I get concerned especially when I've asked you for solid proof on both of these items and you have yet to deliver. When I see people selling questionable sketches, I become concerned that someone who is unfamiliar with authentic artwork from either artist will be duped into buying what they think is an original sketch when it's not.

True, I am a collector. I care very much about authenticity and provenance of my own collection, which is why I do my best to research items I own and take pictures of the photos that create this artwork. However, as a responsible collector, I feel that if you have a counterfeit, you should do the responsible thing and either inform potential buyers it is counterfeit or not let the item leave your possession, either by keeping or destroying it. Reselling the sketch to recoup your losses is irresponsible at best.

Would I be interested in buying either sketch if they were authentic? Possibly, but not without solid proof.
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Mar 31 at 1:25 AM
wow, I get your concerns and I dig your passion but jeez try a conversation instead of an all out assault attack
teggacat
Teggacat Cels
Mar 31 at 11:30 AM
There's no protection from fraudulent cel dealers. You have to try to educate yourself and use good judgement.

So I think it's okay to point out logical and relevant concerns when it comes to fake art. No one else is going to step in when there's suspicion. I fail to see how asking questions, educating the seller, and requesting some sort of authentication is really all that bad.

If the seller is legit, they will engage in meaningful conversation to try to resolve this issue. If not, then at least they might reconsider selling their fake art.
Shemp
Black Mirror
Mar 31 at 12:52 PM
Welcome! Login or Register