the color of money: orange?

As long as no "insider cel trading"! ^_~

For the new lists, will they be on our member page only, or something on our gallery? IE like about page.
monkeyboy
Nov 20 at 2:02 PM
[quote]
I'm not complaining -- I honestly like working on this compared to most "real" work (some of which hedges this site). It's an expensive project, though, no two ways about it.
[/quote]

Most life projects worth doing are, actually. :) (I have a few of them that do nothing but cost me money. And I'll keep doin' em.)

I've been tight on cash recently, but since joining (a year ago? I don't even remember, now!) have meant to donate a little..

I think you need to have some kind of page describing the donations, tho - this is the first time I saw the 'Sponsor' icons, and it took me a while looking around the FAQ/Send-Us-Some-Loot page trying to see what they meant befroe coming to the forum..

Me.
foxtrot_xray
Key Drawings
Nov 20 at 6:10 PM
Hey, if you're short on cash don't feel guilty. That goes for everyone out there who is sorta trying to avoid direct eye contact. Just keep collecting and keep building interesting cel galleries. Building an evil cel collector empire sounds like more fun than collecting money right now. We can distribute little red berets to wear and chant in unison.

That beats any donation, hands down.

Just wanted to drop a line saying that everyone who should be listed as a sponsor should have little icons now. If you are missing your icon, please let me know immediately so I can tack on some numbers to your account. Thanks!
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 20 at 8:14 PM
For the naming system, how about using the Japanese words for the metals? It's not really unique, but it's not as predictable. ^_^ Or, what are the ranks in the Japanese military? Some of those words could be used. I was thinking since RS (from what I've seen) is mostly anime cels, something Japanese could be fitting.

Also, I'd like to see a rank below silver (bronze if sticking with metals?) for those who've donated anything, even $1. I think that would get more people to donate at least some spare change, and you never know, all that change could add up over time. ^_^ Of course the features you'd then get for that level wouldn't be anything much (if anything at all), but that would be ok. I don't know, maybe that would just be too complicated.
Urd
Hands on Cels
Nov 21 at 1:04 AM
Hmmm, I was working under the assumption that the ranks would have to have general appeal would would need a clear, obvious definition of higher or lower. The Japanese metal thing is a good idea, except for the fact that I'm pretty sure it would be too confusing. Side effect is we get to learn some new kanji.

The military ranks I did thnk about, but those don't have general enough appeal. Seems like too much of a guy thing, don't want the ladies to feel left out.

Other bad ideas I came up with:
* stars (only astronomers and trivia buffs know the color order)
* chess pieces (i don't wanna be a queen, do you?)
* anime characters (no incremental ranking system, and we don't own those characters)

[quote]Also, I'd like to see a rank below silver (bronze if sticking with metals?) for those who've donated anything, even $1.[/quote]

The problem this might create -- and this is going to sound kinda snotty -- is the sponsorship lists get too crowded with the $1 donors who just want any and all special features but want to "pay" as little as possible for them. All donations are appreciated, but I don't want to shortchange the people who already gave us money without expecting anything in the first place.

Not to worry, though, all donations build up over time so five bucks now and another five in a month or two puts one squarely into the first rank. It really just amounts to having an icon, having your gallery listed on the home page longer, and some other little bonus functionality -- so no one will miss much, I promise.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 21 at 12:50 PM
Welcome! Login or Register