cosmetic changes + color selector

Was that useful? I bet it was. I didn't spend too much time doing this so I may have vaporized something that you were accustomed to clicking on. It's quite possible I may have made it impossible to only go one step back instead of going *all* the way back to the member home page.

My bad. I fix.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 17 at 11:15 PM
Oh yeah, quick note, most (all?) instances referring to cels were changed to "artwork" because there's an awful lot of stuff being uploaded that we do welcome as original artwork -- sketches, limited prints, etc. -- that don't necessarily qualify as cels.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 18 at 1:34 AM
Question: Does the color picker thing not work for some people? Are you unable to move the sliders and/or click on "open color picker" to select a color?

Intended effect: Clicking one of the little circles next to each catagory should select that color to change. Moving the sliders should change the color. Clicking on "open color picker" should open a dialog box where you can pick a color from a simple paint program type of palette.

I have no idea if this works in Mac, but it does seem to work in Internet Explorer 6 for Windows. My server logs tell me that the majority of people out there are using 5 and higher for Windows, but I'd like to know if it's broke. Thanks.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 18 at 12:39 PM
FYI, on my Mac The -open color picker- is not working. As for the Content, Page and Texts, I can change the color by hihglighting the #color. And then type in a new number. I search/work on gallery with IE 5.1, if that helps. ^_^

*Must get a new computer some day!!*
monkeyboy
Nov 18 at 6:33 PM
I figured the "open color picker" thing would probably not work in Mac. Don't worry, you're not missing much.

But do those color sliders work at all? (I'm assuming they show up... click on the screenshot below... does Mac interface look like this?)

http://www.rubberslug.com/colorpicker.jpg

If
those sliders don't show up, I may have to offer Mac people another way of changing the colors. Doing it by typing in numbers is very anti-fun, and we're all about fun here.

The version number helps a lot, though, thanks. IE 5 on Mac still tends to be a little buggy, don't know about 5.1. At least it isn't Netscape. That one idiotic piece of software is just flat-out broken. I hear 6+ is actually decent, but I need to keep 4.7 installed because of how horrible it is.

I guess the next question is, does anyone have a cheap/near-dead mac for sale I could use to test this site on? =)
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 18 at 7:16 PM
Welcome! Login or Register