Best deputy service?

I am thinking of buying some cels from Yahoo Japan and have been looking into deputy services so that I can bid on the cels and get them shipped to Australia. I had a look a Rinkya and Japamart but it looks like their fee's are ridiculously high (especially seeing most the cels I buy are less than 10,000 yen). So what is the best deputy service to buy from? And what experience do you have dealing with them? Are there any that you regularly use?

I would love to hear what advice you have for a first time user of a deputy service. I don't want to get ripped off so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Edited Jun 12 at 5:29 AM
RePete
RePete's Gallery
Jun 12 at 5:28 AM
Don't use Japamart their shipping fees are ridiculous.
branchan
Bran-chan's Cel Gallery
Jun 12 at 10:55 PM
I personally use Jauce, but fees seem to be a common hassle through all deputies. For any auction I win on Jauce it's an 800Y+8% Closing Fee (is reduced if you win more than one item in a 24 hour span), a Banking Fee of around 300Y, a Local Delivery Fee normally around 600-900Y, and then an International Delivery Fee that varies from 1200Y-1800Y. So fees alone is around 3000Y on average for buying one item, which is pretty ludicrous. I try my best to buy multiple items at once to save on the Closing Fees and Delivery Fees. Really it's pick your poison and try and be lucky to win multiple auctions at the same time. The only reason I stick with Jauce is because they always deliver the cels quickly and in perfect condition. If I found another deputy that did that with lower fees, then I'd switch in a heartbeat.
GoalieZero
Lagrange Point 0
Jun 13 at 12:32 AM
I, and many others on this site, primarily use Shopping Mall Japan (SMJ). I've been using them for years.

With most deputy services, if you buy a cheap item, you're going to feel the commission rate pinch more than if you buy something pricey. With items ending at less than 2000 yen, I end up paying about $20 just in shipping, exchange fees and commission alone. A 500 yen item quickly becomes a $30 item. I do like that they allow you to purchase from Japanese stores, and I recently took advantage of that. I wanted a pre-order item, and my commission rate on a 5000 yen item was $10. This was comprable to the rate that JList charged me when I bought an item on their site, but for $15 more than what the Japanese site wanted for it.

Overall, I've been happy with SMJ after 900-something items purchased through them. There have been a couple of snafus, but I've purchased a lot through them, and it's just the chance you take when you deal with foreign transactions and the US postal service.
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Jun 13 at 1:11 AM
I don't have anywhere near the amount of deputy service experience and use I'm sure many of the people here have, but for the past few years I've been using Cats Hand's Deputy Service.

I'm happy with their fee's and service although I haven't 'shopped around' to see what else compares. I'm also from Australia but I don't think you will have much trouble no matter the deputy you use. Most ship by EMS.
Parade
Parade's Gallery
Jun 13 at 5:09 AM
Welcome! Login or Register