looking for Spice and wolf

New to Rubberslug so forgive me if i am posting this in the wrong forum :)

Hi everyone my name is Daniel and i found that i have an addiction and it is called collecting production art from my favorite animes.

right now i am having trouble finding sets from one of my personal favorites "spice and wolf" preferably ones of holo (or horo) i have checked Mandrake auction but 1,200$+ for 50ish pages is a little out of my military/volunteer firefighter price range.

if anyone has tips on where i could find some please let me know. i have a set from InuYasha that i could trade, along with some amazing ones of Nora and Lawrence (from spice and wolf)

I guess you could reply here, or message over e-mail at Lizzard_god@yahoo.com
Lizzard_god
Jul 27 at 11:59 PM
Hiya, welcome to a very expensive addictive hobby! LOL!

I've only seen Spice and Wolf sets on Mandarake and some very low-quality ones on ebay. However, Asylum Anime has some sets (not on his website) so you may want to contact him and ask what sketches he still has. His prices are fairly reasonable comparing to Mandy auction prices.

Here is his e-mail:

ccowguill@cox.net

and his site
http://storage.asylum-anime.com/
Edited Jul 28 at 2:18 AM
Shampoo
Hoodies and Raindrops Cel Gallery
Jul 28 at 2:17 AM
Spice and Wolf is starting to pop up on Yahoo Japan. There two nice sets, one at 8000 yen and the other at 9000 yen, up now from the seller twin_angels_xx. Of course, how high these go depends on the action Sunday morning, but they may be worth watching.

If you register for a deputy service (I use Shopping Mall Japan, other Sluggers use Rinkya or Celga, check them all out), then you can do a search by series that will turn lots like these up pretty quickly.

Good luck! I've heard good things about this series and noticed art from it going very high on Mandarake, which means it must be in high repute over there. Just don't be afraid to be patient, as sometimes prices will moderate after the initial excitement.
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Jul 28 at 3:30 PM
Thank all of you Very much!!
i am going to try and bid on a few of those. anyone else reading this and is going to bid on them Shame on you :)

i am trying to find a way to scan my few sets online and create an web-page here. I have heard so much good things about this website from people and i am now glad to be a member.
Lizzard_god
Jul 29 at 7:37 AM
Heh. It looks as if the YJ scene is already congregating on these lots. I'm not in the game, but ganbatte Lizzard and congrats to whomever gets bragging rights tomorrow morn!

Edit: actually, I see that these lots, in an odd move, come up Sunday night rather than Sunday morning. Maybe that will swing the odds in favor of a Slugger getting them over a Japanside collector. Good luck, anyhow!

Edit 2: my condolences to lizzard and/or anyone else hardy enough to go for these. It looks like the demand right now is strong enough to support really high prices. Maybe, as with other series that were high-priced soon after release, the demand will moderate and in a year or so we'll see some nice things come up at more competitive prices.

I bookmarked a search for this series, but at these prices I'm not likely to join the chase in the short term. Still, the art is nice and so it earns a spot on my radar.
Edited Aug 02 at 8:33 AM
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Jul 31 at 3:26 PM
Welcome! Login or Register