Images Moved

Any luck?
Wolfgang Krauser
LWK's Cels
Nov 08 at 3:35 AM
I got distracted by something earlier, so I just got a chance to check this out. I'm not sure what happened, but it's definitely messed up in some new and interesting way.

What browser/version and platform are you using? Internet Explorer? Windows? Mac? I just uploaded a test item just fine from my side (series: test item: test) so your computer is sending us something very unexpected.

I can delete all the funky ghost items manually from here, but I may not be able to prevent this from happening again until I learn more. Tell me about your setup and it'll help.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 08 at 4:08 AM
Just wanted to drop an update before I turned in for the night. I found other cases where this has happened (new cels write info one required place, but not the other) and it only seems to affect specific people. Doesn't seem to be a random thing -- I have records of users getting weird ghost cels over a period of months (and funny looking logfiles of them trying to submit over and over to no effect).

The first thing you might want to do if you don't want to wait for a reply from me is to upgrade to the latest possible version of Internet Explorer. You can get it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/ie.

I'll
stare at this more tomorrow, but it's already 5:30. (yipes)
Wolfgang Krauser
LWK's Cels
Nov 08 at 4:45 AM
Thanks. I am using IE 6. Its the latest version. Lately my norton has been picking up hack attempts like crazy. I hope I did not do anything to anger someone into such activity.

I upload and the next page is a dead page.
Wolfgang Krauser
LWK's Cels
Nov 08 at 2:38 PM
Well,
I don't know but when I had similar problems, I take a few hours to do some house cleaning.

You may want to do the following:

(Run name searches, or go to "cnet.com" and search their download database.)
A cheap fix.. free downloads:

Run a virus scan
(Free: "F-Prot")

Run a spyware scan
(Free: Pest Patrol or Ad-aware)

Check and clean your Registry and junk files.
(Free: "Ace Utilites and Registry Clean Expert")

Reload your Win OS
Reload Explorer

Get all of the MS security updates and OS updates.
(at msn.com--> downloads, etc.)

Get a firewall
(Cheap: "Zone Labs Plus" software)

Try again :-)
E
Nov 09 at 12:58 AM
Welcome! Login or Register