The Matrix Reloaded

Some "Spoilers" so don't read if you do not want to be exposed to my comments on the film.

Lots of suprises, lots of thrills...Great flying!
Neo would kick Spidermans ass any day! ^-^ And look cool while doing it!

Some story and dialog gaps, some lack of character development or reasons why the character is at all needed. I am sure that this movie was much longer originally, but was paired down. From a writers perspective, I can tell that a lot of scenes were edited out for some reason.

I disagree with jn on the dance/love scene. I liked it because it made the film more "human", real,(Neo and Trinity had to get some!)and yes, sexy, for lack of a better word. Although, the idea of partying (a Rave?)before a war, left me thinking of twenty something Amazon tribes of yesteryear (yeah right!) I thought that I`d see a wookie or something at any time. The docking scene ,yes.. was kinda of "Starwars" looking with, the people in the "white control room" with the 3-D touchscreens(what the hell?)

The idea of everyone not believing Morpheus and his "belief system", and the idea of Neo not buying into it all, was surely a relief. Whew!

One thing is true is that the world of Zion, the last earthy inhabitants have a lot more "color" than most SF films that I have seen. The girls were mostly gorgeous, like an MTV spring break party.

More importantly to me about the Zion "scene" is that I wish that I could give some big-high-fives to the Brothers W., for having the courage of creating a "new" future, with many main and supportive characters happening not to be of Anglo-American or European descent, as usually is the case (i.e., "Logans Run" or any number of SF films that exclude Asians and Blacks, except for "Blade Runner"). It looked more "balanced". What a breath of fresh air...

I entirely felt this "very cool" vein running throughout the movie with costuming. Everyone was very chic, even in Zion rag-wear. And of course, everyone was dressed (to kill) and very slick-looking while in the Matrix, even the bad guys are very stylish. Agent Smith even had a cooler pair of sunglasses. And of course Cadillac has a very cool assortment of new cars!And Ducati has the bikes!

That said, there were still a lot of questions that need to be answered however (in "Revolutions") if this, IMO, is seriously to be considered greater than the original Matrix story-wise.

I guess it is not fair to compare but I like the music of the first film much better than this one.

The special effects were spectacular and visually stunning. Neo was awesome. I loved it, just I like I like other super-hero cartoon characters. I loved the chase scenes involving the key-maker and the accompanying fight scenes. My problem was with Agent Smith's role in the movie. I felt like it was kinda distracting and somewhat meaningless, except to showcase Neo`s vastly improved, fighting and escape skills. Also, I didn`t feel the urgency of the characters racing to catch a telephone once seeing an agent. But, it was funny to hear Neo say about the new agents as being upgrades.

In general I think that the "directors-cut" or extended version if there is one seriously need be considered, for the sake of explaining some of the obvious lack of dialogue for the introduction of new characters, (like Seprah) and what their "cause and effect" truly meant.

So, all in all, I will be seeing it at least once more on the big screen. I will be seeing Revolutions. I will be buying the DVD and Animatrix anime...But of course, but of course!

I am a fan afterall ^-^!

E
E
May 22 at 7:53 PM
Welcome! Login or Register