The Matrix Reloaded

I am such a huge fan (geek) of this,,, now..."franchise" that I cannot not bear the wait. I live in Japan the last opening destination--next month!

I have applied to premiere ticket raffles, sent in postcards, and have tried literally everything reasonable to get tickets this month! I wish that I was in L.A. going to Universal City Walk cinema and checking it out with the locals!! Yeah!! (...I am from L.A.)

I loved "The Matrix" so much... I don't care what the critics might have to say about this "Reloaded". I will love it just based on some of the trailers that I have seen alone..it is already over for me.

If you are on the geeky side of things and want to dig-down into the Matrix.. check out this site:

http://www.thelastfreecity.com/
E
May 14 at 9:05 PM
Tee hee. Saw this last night. They started running showings at 10 PM on Wednesday and I had some friends who insisted on going as soon as possible.

Not to spoil anything, but I'd say that most of the reviews you may have read are spot on. Here's my psuedo-review, 98% spoiler-free.

Basically, every time one of the characters opens their mouth, it comes out sounding very Phantom Menace. It isn't quite *that* bad, but for some reason, you will suddenly remember it. With a half hour cut from the dialogue and a certain pointlessly tacky scene in Zion (the critics aren't exaggerating, that scene is really awful), the movie might have been better.

My big complaint is that unlike the first movie, the creators seem to want to make certain that you indulge their 4 AM coffee shop philosophy conversations. Nothing in subtle. Everyday conversation is an epic, life-altering event, like watching self-important state troopers explain to the cameras how hard their job is on a bad episode of Cops.

As it is, it's certainly one of the most unintentionally funny movies of all time. It's the world's most expensive episode of the Twilight Zone.

You know how in the late 1990s, people started complaining that American comics were turning into no substance and all T&A? Imagine one of those comics, with that strangely tacky exploitation feel, made into a movie. For better or for worse, that's what the new Matrix is. I always thought the first Matrix was a subpar movie wrapped around a fantastic comic book. There's still plenty to like if you liked the first one, but just try not to set your expectations too high.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 15 at 1:43 PM
comic relief ^-^? Now there is a shocker.

And jn you are not the only one that has said this.
It took a big gulp for me to swallow what I have been reading. And I am referring to the BIG fans of this movie, like me. I feel this luke-warmy reaction all around me. It seems like yes it was as thrilling as a roller-coaster, but just like a roller-coaster can rock and roll you,well...that`s all it does...

Any other comments, before I tuck my tail, head down, and saunter back to my dog house?

Of course I will see it hoping for the best. Don`t worry about spoilers, I don`t mind at all. I have read most of them already anyway. What is even more of a let down is I am hearing that the game sucked even worse :-( !
E
May 15 at 5:49 PM
I saw it this weekend and I thought it was really good. The fight scenes were amazing and the coolest thing is when Neo warped the ground and shot up into the air and flew (he did it quite a lot of times in the film).

The longest fight scene ever made is in Reloaded and I heard the next Matrix movie is due out this November!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed E.
Cole
May 19 at 10:54 AM
Hehe,,just when I thought ..Oh anyway! That is great news, I am a big sucker for this show (Use to be Aliens 2) and another good thing is that I actually won tickets to a premeire show this weekend (Japan time that is!) I will surely report on it soon ^-^ ..

Thanks!

ps. noting the above I bet that some of you can guess, or already know, what my yahoojp and eBay auction handles are ^^-^^
E
May 19 at 6:07 PM
Welcome! Login or Register