American Animation Art

Does any one else have Traditional animation cels or drawings on their sites? I've noticed the lack of american animation art here. I'd love to see others share their american animation cels and drawings I know they are out there, come on guys let's represet the USA!

- Balto's Animation Gallery
BALT0
Balto's Animation Gallery
Feb 19 at 2:00 PM
I know there's more than a few non-anime sites out there, which I think is good because it encourages a more open mindset beyond "Disney sucks" or "anime sucks".

There's a few people with Animaniacs cels running around here. I see only one pop up the search, I coulda sworn there were more. Not the most artistic show ever, but (imo) by far the most well-written. (The only kiddie cartoon to ever quip multiple Gilbert and Sullivan operettas.) Why they cancelled it for Hysteria or whatever it was called is baffling.

Oh yeah, Transformers isn't American but every American between 20 and 30 has fond memories of the Coolest Cartoon Toys Ever Made. All the kids whose parents gave them Gobots instead probably grew up very angry. I still have a 15 year old Jetfire (*cough*... Valkyrie) on my desk -- minus one arm but with complete battle armor! My Kaiyodo Eva-2 will always be second coolest.

Relive your childhood:
http://cybertroncelarchive.rubberslug.com

jn

Sidenote: If Circuit Breaker (Transformers) and Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell) got into a fight, who would win? =)
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 19 at 3:32 PM
I'll be updating my first American cel this weekend and I have three more pending. I've been stalking cels from my fave childhood shows lately (He-Man, She-ra, Ghostbusters, I could go on and on). I would also love some Chuck Jones pieces (Rikki Tikki Tavi, the Dot and the Line) and an old school Daffy Duck (circa Tex Avery).

Speaking of American animation, was Iron Giant CG? Is there any production art (drawings, cels, etc) available from it?

-felicity-chan
felicity-chan
Felicity-chan's Oasis
Feb 20 at 9:37 AM
Try this search in rubberslug for more!

http://www.rubberslug.com/search/default.asp?scope=0&S=american

Personally
I love all my animation cels no matter what country they come from. To me it's the memories associated with the cel that counts :)

Cheers,
-Heather
mellon
Feb 23 at 9:30 AM
Yes, the Iron Giant was all digital ink and paint (I'm pretty sure), but even for CG animation there will always be sketches that exist for these shows/movies. It's darn near impossible to draw with the same fluidity on a tablet as it is to draw on paper. Computer painting usually replaces only the tedious paint-by-numbers aspect of cel manufacturing.

So, good look hunting around for those. The best place to start would probably be American animation art dealers on the web. (There's quite a few.)

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 23 at 4:06 PM
Welcome! Login or Register