The Law of the Land part 2

I would like to refer people to an off rubberslug site that I have put up my "for sale" items. I believe putting it in the link section would be a complete waste of time. I tried using the shop and had five cels on there for over 2 years... which got no queries and no sales.

When I listed them on ebay I sold them all for more than what my asking price was on RS.

I'd like to see the policy changed so that those who wish to sell their cels can make mention of the URL where people interested can go and look and make a purchase. I think this should include ebay links etc.

I understand your wish to protect RSers from problematic sales on the site. If I am selling my items through another site that is referenced in my gallery, any transactions that happen over there would not reflect poorly on RS and you'd have done your duty.
Grizzlor
Grizzlor's He-Man & Thundercats cels
Jul 19 at 11:29 AM
*snicker*... you said "d-u-t-y"
huckapucka
Homage
Jul 19 at 4:02 PM
Why not simply become a contributing member to RS and then list/post your cels for sell in the RS shop? Unless you are in an absolute rush to sell items, this is the most practical and conforms to the rules.

Lastly, if you need to let more people know you are rushing to sell consider joining JAMCL and posting an announcement in other cel forums, but not on RS.
momo
M O M O's cels
Jul 20 at 11:10 AM
Grizzlor,

What most have done is set up like you said an off RS site to sell their stuff then put that link in a post in the For Sale section of the forum.

Just do understand that the Mod's will not get involved with transaction done off RS.

Mahoro ,

In his post Grizzlor did say he has used the RS shop but found no takers there.
Edited Jul 20 at 12:09 PM
JWR
Ryan's Gallery
Jul 20 at 12:07 PM
Hm, missed that part in Grizzlor's original post, but nevertheless perhaps he might consider lowering the prices then if he wants to sell them quickly? In my experience I've done better selling cels through RS than evilbay simply b/c there is a concentration of likeminded collectors. I don't know what series the five cels he mentioned were from or what quality they are in, however, it's been my own experience that people do notice items added to the RS shop, but they won't offer or reserve it if the price is not right. Good luck Grizzlor. Just my ten cents.
Edited Jul 23 at 10:37 AM
momo
M O M O's cels
Jul 23 at 10:36 AM
Welcome! Login or Register