Idea For RS Please Look

Hi all,

I have an idea that I think is pretty cool. Please let me know what you think. I think it would be really cool and much easier if RS found a way to show in short format the actual updates for each site other than just listing the sites that updated. I get tired of going to supposed updated sites and all that has really changed in the gallery is maybe the Title and some grammer x_x

How can we do this, you may ask????

Well, how about using the same format as the updated sites are now and have the members just list the updates to their sites under the site title. Don't change the regular set up RS has now but add a feature that allows us (the members) to see exactly what new cels have been updated in which gallery. It would be a lot easier and We could spend much more time enjoying the new additions to RS. Well, what do you think??
Some Dude
Jul 18 at 11:16 PM
Matt,

Good idea.

I'll make it so that when you mouse over the gallery name, it'll show you a list of series that were updated, and (hopefully) then number of cels that were put into each catagory.

I'll post again when it's done.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jul 19 at 1:23 AM
You should be able to see the changes on any page which lists recently updated galleries (gallery home and main page).

I'm assuming this is what you had in mind. I think it's pretty neato... definitely a good idea.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jul 19 at 2:35 AM
I see that it lists the private sections that people have updated. I pretty much assumed that when someone updated, and nothing actually SHOWED updated, that it was private. But when you mouseover some people's galleries, it says the name of the section they have hidden. Maybe you can set it up so that it says "hidden" or something if it's not meant to be shared. I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but this would bother me. Other than that, I really like this feature a lot! It takes the guesswork out. Not that I don't like visiting galleries for the fun of it, but I definatly don't like to go to a gallery that has only updated DBZ (sorry, i can't stand DBZ). So anyhoo... that's my only beef. ttyl
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Jul 19 at 11:20 AM
Ok.. I am slow. I admit it. But I just realized that the time for updates has been taken down from a day, to 12 hours. O.O No! Sometimes I don't make it to rubberslug in 12 hours. I like having a day... so that I know who updated when and what. 12 hours seems to short. I know it is the logical next step down because of how many galleries there are.... but... but...

It's also nice to have that day to have your site on the "galleries" listing for a day. That way *other* people can see it within a day too.

O.o
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Jul 19 at 11:55 AM
Welcome! Login or Register