Wax On, Wax Off

Rubberslug has a fresh coat of paint.

This would have been done faster, but I found half a dozen things I wanted to add/change in the code for the site while I was doing it.

Features will go up tomorrow. It's almost 3 AM and I'm a bit sleepy at the moment. It's been a long day.

Here's a few things that I remember doing. It may not be a total list:

General
- smarter image caching, should make the browsing experience much more enjoyable
- smaller image overhead in general, simplified layout
- script optimizations for speed, maintainability
- Navigation now consistent everywhere except member area, which is still using old format.

Galleries
- "recently updated" now considered a catagory along with a few other sorting methods
- 10 galleries listed for each of the catagories
- database code optimized for speedier client delivery

Forum
- Post format changed, will add ability to quote and use meta-HTML (sorta like other web boards)
- No longer logs you out after 20 minutes, timeout increased to 60 minutes while posting.
- Soon to add more user stats/interaction to boards

Search
- Search now displays more accurate results -- update date is the date the *series* was updated, not the entire gallery.
- Will soon have ability to search cels and curators.

Yum
- RS now contains 32% less calories and 5.7% more taste. Now goes great with milk.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 27 at 2:23 AM
If something broke between today and yesterday, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 27 at 2:24 AM
So far things are looking good. But i'm curious how you have figured out the different gallery sorts like : popularity, diversity.. etc. How is this determined exactly?
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Jan 27 at 9:17 AM
Hmmm.... Let's see if I can remember what they are without clicking back.

Recent Update - Galleries that have added a cel.
Recent Created - Last 10 new galleries.
Popularity - 10 highest hit counters.
Volume - Most items registered.
Diversity - Most series.

Granted, for the last three you could always just refresh a billion times, add a bunch of blank items, or create a bunch of blank series with one item each.

You would have to be very, very bored. And besides, if it becomes a problem then I can use my death ray.

The "diversity" catagory is a little misleading, because a lot of people create a bunch of sub-series cel catagories for themselves to help with the organization. It's not very accurate at all.

If you can think of any other sorting methods, let me know and I can throw them in.

Disclaimer: Once again, this is not a contest. It's just a bit of fun.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 27 at 5:09 PM
Very, very minor things...

Linking to my home page from this forum is possible but once there if I decide to log-out the log-out link is not there. I have to back-up to log out..

Maybe just a few more fonts allowed on this title page..

e
(see just a little e today, jn ^-^)
E
Jan 27 at 7:36 PM
Welcome! Login or Register