Warning - Sales annoucements in blogs

It doesn't bother me that much when I see people wanting to sell cels. We collect, we buy, we be happy. Still rules are rules, but before you pull down the blogs again double check to see if a "For Sale" blog listed in the correct forum, does not accidentally end up here. Test it out. It could be an error. I would also make this announcement in all forum threads just to make sure everyone gets the message. Just my 2 cents..hope it helps.
~Mark
mchaleyart
Backward Paint
Aug 02 at 11:33 PM
I agree with all of you. I thought this behavior was unacceptable. Therefore, I prefer to make the announcement here in the forums or suprise potential buyers by just listing items on EBay with not mentioning it at all.

Like Usamamo, I surf the forums, the internet, and check my emails for JACML sales. However, I'm a bit flustered about the blog bieng a sale tatics instead of a "journal" entry which is intended to reflect you, your thoughts, and your gallery perspectives. Lately, I feel as if I've been visiting a vitual shopping mall instead of a community.

I appreciate the input from sellers; but, I don't think the blog is an efficient way to market your goods and services. I won't get into effective Marketing Strategem though. So, that's pretty much my nickel. ^_^
Edited Aug 03 at 12:11 AM
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Aug 03 at 12:10 AM
No matter what anyone's feelings are about the blogs, this has been discussed here before and it's breaking the rules. Any way you cut it. There are not supposed to be sales on RS *wink wink* and in effort to uphold that rule, blatantly spamming the front page with your sales entries is in flagrant disregard of that rule. There's Beta and the forum to post about sales.

The blog is supposed to be about us, cels, our life outside cels, or what have you. Not advertising.

I don't think the blogs need to be taken down -again-. It's totally pointless and not going to teach us anything. The same offenders will eventually start doing it all over again. Why punish everyone because of the actions of a few? That's unfair and, quite honestly, lazy.

The BEST way to deal with this crap is to contact people individually as they break the rule. Kindly explain to them what the problem is and hope they stop. Continue? Ban 'em. Or whatever the next step might be. That's up to the mods.

Also, BLOG about this situation! I'm telling you, the people who do this (some of them, at least) do not visit this forum. Some of them don't even know we're discussing this. Otherwise, we're doing a lot of talking for no reason.

Last thought. The veteran Rubbersluggers who are breaking this rule should, and probably do, know better. That's what ticks me off most. Someone's personal, sentimental post gets bumped just because someone needs to remind us AGAIN that they are selling their cels. Enough already.
wELCOME cONSUMER
wELCOME cONSUMER
Aug 03 at 12:30 AM
Wow, she totally read my mind! ^_^

I would appreciate a reform or a more effective form of punishment--believe me. I was speaking constructively earlier. :)

The blog should be preserved as means of reflecting yourself and we should reflect the that same respect to the MODs and the community and adhere to the RS policys and procedures.
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Aug 03 at 12:55 AM
I completely concur with the concerns JWR and everyone else has raised about using blogs to advertise sales.

If time permits perhaps the mods can send a notice via RS feedback to let the violators know? And as WC commented, you get one warning then action is taken. Perhaps a temporary freeze on your account for a month? I do not know, Jason and the mods can deliberate this further.

I just hope this misuse comes to a stop soon, so others who properly use the blog feature will not suffer the consequence of the misdeeds of a few people.
Edited Aug 03 at 10:26 AM
momo
M O M O's cels
Aug 03 at 10:08 AM
Welcome! Login or Register