the omega device

Hi.

I need some help from you all because you all probably have more experience in using popular websites on the Internet. (I do surprisingly little web surfing.)

This is a current list of all functional modules, or "pieces", that I can think of that are typically found in most web sites. Please supply anything that you can think of that is not on this list.

Gallery: stores pictures with descriptions, attributes sorted into catagories
News: news organized into catagories, subcatagories, etc.
Blog: personal records/thoughts/opinions (sorted into... you get the idea).
- with single message board thread for feedback
Friends, Clubs, Specialty Groups: member lists, links to other sites, etc. Certain groups/friends can be given different kinds of access and/or editing ability for collaborative projects.
Links: links to external sites
Currently watching/playing/current mood etc.
Message board: with limited support for HTML and a special scripting language
Search engine: search all modules in a site for a word or phrase
Online store/shopping cart
Wishlist (this one is kinda specific to just us, can be implemented with same stuff as Gallery)
About: Generic page for content/pictures
Poll: basically a single question questionaire
Questionaire: multi-question version of above
Stock quotes/weather/etc.: all things from remote sites
Password protected area
Feedback: both as separate page and attached to arbitrary objects like "pictures" and news articles
Private message: similar to board functionality

If there's some feature you think is clever of another site whether it's a search engine or a video game site or a news site, please describe it below. I want to make sure that we can accomodate for weird ideas later.
Edited Nov 07 at 10:14 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 07 at 10:10 PM
For the insanely cel-obsessed, you could put up an RSS Feed.
Space Runaway
Moeru Roman
Nov 08 at 11:35 AM
How about icons/avatars?
lonelymountain
The Lonely Mountain
Nov 08 at 12:30 PM
Hiya Jason,
I don't know if this can be done here but I have seen this on other sites, don't ask me were I can't recall.
But when I saw this I thought it was a good idea.

On the site they had private chat in each gallery
so the members if they wanted to talk one on one they could do it in private, This could be passworded for private or left open to the members home page gallery room only for like semi-private or group chats.
It was setup like a town with each member having a house to go talk in private at.

It worked very well on the site I wish I could find the link for you.

You said you wanted stuff you may have to accomodate for, This one could throw a monkey wrench into your setup later. :)

I hope it helps. 0:)

Roy

By the way the Title fits this post very well.
Edited Nov 09 at 1:31 AM
backlotanimation
Backlotanimation
Nov 09 at 1:04 AM
video.
E
Nov 09 at 7:34 PM
Welcome! Login or Register