Help me with this email from ???

Yeah I see a lot of katakana (and some kanji) but they do not make any sense to me.... I can read/write/speak Japanese (since I am from Japan ;) ) and I speak Engrish :P but it really does not make any sense.... (it seems that a lot of random japanese words....)

I think the original message was, so call, mojibake.
kittens
Kittens' Cel Gallery
Nov 03 at 8:27 PM
I have been getting a lot more of this Japanese SPAM mails. Can anything be done about this? This week alone I have had five spam messages sent to me via Rubberslug feedback.
mattness78
May 05 at 5:38 AM
Only thing I can think of is use a secondary email address for your feedback so you aren't getting spam to your primary account.

I think what is odd is some people seem to get a lot of spam from RS...and some people don't get any. (I've never had any RS feedback spam myself). I wonder how they are selecting accounts to send mail to?
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
May 05 at 6:12 AM
Yeah, I got a bunch of nonsense spam (advertising vacations? trips?) this week and last.

I have a feeling there isn't an easy way to fix this.
Shemp
Black Mirror
May 05 at 3:46 PM
I have recieved quite a few of these myself.

They are from verious spam emailer services in China , Hong Kong and Japan. These are generated by computer and pick up your feedback email off of google that shows links to RS when you post in forums , weblog or update.

The only way to defeat them is to install one of those random number/letter generators in which one must type in what appears in the box before it allows access to your feedback.

At this time it's not worth the work to rewrite code to stop it into RS as it now stands, Jason has been very busy creating a whole new RS that will be state of the art in between his real life work that pays bills and enables us to all have this site to enjoy and display our prettys.
So I ask all to live with the occational spam and while it's a pain , just click delete like I do and go on.
JWR
Ryan's Gallery
May 05 at 8:15 PM
Welcome! Login or Register