hidden coming soon

I really wish updates only including protected cels would not show up on the front page. You can easily get around that by marking them hiden and then changing them to protected the next day.
MacKettric
Kett's Cel Gallery
Oct 02 at 6:11 AM
OK ... I'm one of those "guilty parties" who is irritating all you guys (LOL).

I keep my coming soon section hidden because it is just a place where I keep track of what I am expecting, and, also, a temporary list of my purchases until I manage to update my records, which I do, probably, about once a week or so.

Anyhow, rationale for keeping it "protected" or "hidden" aside, I did not know you could keep the gallery from showing up on the updates page by hiding the cels. So, since I can understand how frustrating it can be to see a "coming soon" update only to find it is a protected section, I went in and changed all of mine from protected to hidden.

My question is this: My gallery still shows up on the updates section as having the "coming soon" section updated. Why didn't it drop off when I changed the cels to hidden? Do I need to take an additional step or something?

*is confused ... as usual* >_<
tex-chan
Gecko Blue Cels
Oct 02 at 1:56 PM
Tex-chan: if your gallery was already up on the front page, even changing the cels to Hidden won't remove it. The cels have to be hidden when they're added.

I expect that when Jason gets some free time he'll address this concern. As it is, he seems rather busy. :)
reithejelly
Stem Cels
Oct 02 at 2:17 PM
...and sick.
He seems to have somehow gotten the Kwaj Crud!
I'm still hanging on to the wretched cough two weeks later. >_<

Hang in there, Jason!
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Oct 02 at 5:37 PM
Ah, OK, Miss Z. Thanks for the answer! That explains why it kept showing up. I thought, maybe, it would just drop off or something once the cels were hidden.

Anyhow, now that I know the trick about hiding the "coming soon" stuff, it should not show up on the updates part next time I add something to that section of the gallery.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice! ^_^
tex-chan
Gecko Blue Cels
Oct 03 at 5:50 PM
Welcome! Login or Register