hidden coming soon

Hey yo @ll ... (^_^) ...

why do so many you hide the "coming soon" category from your galleries???

everytime, when I see a "recent gallery update" with a coming soon update and then open the gallery and can't find such a category, I'm really disappointed ... (-.-) ...

is there any reason for hiding it???

Zetsu
Zetsuai
Zetsu's Cel Gallery
Sep 30 at 12:59 PM
I do this b/c....

1) I want to make coming soon space in order not to forget cels which I bought.

2) But I have not recieved them yet and even though I paid them you never know that I will get it or not for sure.

3) Also since I do not have them yet in my hands so if I post them openly then I feel that I violate the rule of RS....

This is just me though ;)
kittens
Kittens' Cel Gallery
Sep 30 at 2:46 PM
thank you very much for answering ... (^_^) ...

I think I understand your points ... except the 3rd one ... because I think at the moment you pay for a cel you are the new owner, aren't you ... so there is no problem with the rules of RS ...

or am I wrong???

[color=#ff3355]Zetsu[/color]
Zetsuai
Zetsu's Cel Gallery
Oct 01 at 12:20 AM
Well, I think Kittens is actually making doubly sure that no rules of RS are being violated. Because, even though a cel may be paid for, it still does not conform to the original rules set by RS to display only cels "in your possession." However, it seems that because so many collectors have been doing this, RS has become a lot more lenient towards "coming soon" sections as addressed by the site's FAQ.

Since I completely ignore galleries with "coming soon" sections anyway, the hidden "coming soon" sections don't bother me as much. To me, both sections, whether visible or invisible, bump other legitimate gallery updates out of the updated section. The ?hidden? update problem could be easily fixed whenever ?the great one? gets some time to work on the site though.

And, if the ?hidden? section problem can be fixed, I really do like Kittens' reasoning for using the "coming soon" section primarily as a place holder for cels that haven't arrived. This is a much better use for the "coming soon" section than it has been used for in the past.
Edited Oct 01 at 4:42 PM
drakonia
Drakonia's Cel Lair
Oct 01 at 4:41 PM
If you actually HIDE all the cels in that section (as opposed to password protecting them), your gallery will not appear on the front page. Perhaps some collectors ought to take advantage of this quirk?

You can also delist your gallery until you're ready to update. That's what I'm currently doing, since I'm also re-doing my site layout (again).

Zetsu: I agree that it's annoying, which is why I deleted my Coming Soon section more than a year ago.
reithejelly
Stem Cels
Oct 02 at 2:25 AM
Welcome! Login or Register