new home page

I would cast my vote for Beta5
JWR
Ryan's Gallery
Aug 04 at 11:52 AM
I really like 5b a lot. The only thing I don't like is it's tiny and a little hard to read. But I do like the whole galleries being on top with everything else underneath, it makes it nice not to scroll down to see weblog updates, you can see it right under the gallery updates.
SME
SME's Celestial Corner
Aug 04 at 11:52 AM
I still like the original layout we have now the best. But if you twist my arm, I would chose version 5. It follows the top to bottom aspect of importance that Rubberslug tries to follow. Featured gallery and updated galleries on top. Text only features like blogs and forums in the middle. And sale items on the bottom. I would agree with OnWingedFeet's suggestion to add the gallery descriptions. Also, if the text and pictures could be made just a little bigger, that would be cool too.
GB
The Wandering Student
Aug 04 at 12:12 PM
I'd also have to go with 5b because it has the full top-to-bottom reading perspective that seems natural here at RS, and is the easiest on the eye (ie. not nearly as cluttered as the other choices).
huckapucka
Homage
Aug 04 at 12:27 PM
There seem to be a majority vote for version 5b.

My two cents: make a default front page, then add an option to account settings so that the user can pick which layout they like best?
Zag
Zag's Cels of Junk She Likes
Aug 04 at 12:27 PM
Welcome! Login or Register