Question about hosting images

Cel Addict,

This stuff doesn't come cheap, bud. Donations buy about a week of bandwidth for this monster. I'm just stating facts: if you're going to wholesale a thousand bucks worth of merchandise, then by golly I want a piece of that action. If I were to charge, say, $49.95 + 3.5%/transaction (http://store.yahoo.com/vw/pricing.html) a month to everyone who ever asked to sell something here, I might get close to breaking even.

But then again, everyone might think I'm an ass.

Unfair? Not really. Sarcastic? Yup. This isn't your credit card company. Since this is all free, I get to choose who gets the best customer service.

Please calm down... or at the very least, come up with a better insult. "Cheapskate" comes to mind.

jn

ps - Incidentally, there is a deactivated shopping cart feature on this site (always has been). Cels are such a small volume commodity, though, that I'll feel bad about charging for it until I build some more support features around the "build your own online store" concept. If this sounds interesting to you, e-mail me and tell me some things you'd like to see.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 19 at 11:39 PM
Welcome! Login or Register