Question about hosting images

Hi,

I was wondering how I would go about using my Rubberslug site to host images of the anime cels I am going to sell on E-bay. Can someone please help me thanks.

Cel Addict
cel addict
Nov 16 at 3:02 PM
Rubberslug isn't designed to host sites to sell massive quantitites of things. When you e-mailed me last week, I was under the impression that you were selling a few things before you moved, not that you were going to have a firesale of a hundred of cels.

If you want to talk about paid hosting, that's another story. E-mail me again and maybe we can work something out. Otherwise, you got your one week just like everyone else. On top of that, having a gallery for two weeks before attempting a sale doesn't exactly give you seniority here. Please do not attempt to sell anything else, your time is up.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 17 at 2:46 PM

Wow, well first off I already told you how much I appreciated you allowing me to put my gallery up for offers. Second, I was merely asking a question to see if it was possible to link my cel images to an auction. Third, I don't ever recall being an ASS about anything like you just did in your reply.

-Cel Addict
cel addict
Nov 18 at 12:51 PM
Well, aside from the "selling on rubberslug" thing - I think it would be impolite to host the images on rubberslug's server, just to use them for ebay. It would stretch the bandwith quite a bit too. :/ I think Jason has changed it so people could not use the images on thier own elsewhere on the net because of this.

However, I know there are no truely free hosting services out there on the net anymore (geocities is the worst.. and they used to be so cool too ~_~)

I guess my only suggestion in your case is to just upload the images through the picture service that ebay offers. Unless of course, someone let you use thier webspace for a small fee... ^^;
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Nov 18 at 1:18 PM
First,
take a BIG super-duper chill pill on this thread.. please note...I am the only one that gets called an Ass around here..that is my reserved name, okay let's get off to a good start ^-^!!

Secondly, c'mon "just a question", can be anything and yours was not necessarily an innocent one. And I quote,

"Second, I was merely asking a question to see if it was possible to link my cel images to an auction." (@@ to eBay! and how many cels on RS?? ^-^, 30, 40, 50, more??)

Have you bothered to read what is at the bottom of every single cel gallery on this site?

"Warning: Rubberslug does not endorse or recommend sales transactions through member sites."

Recommendation from big ol'Ass-man:

Take it easy, and everything will go smoothly. This is a community of collectors displaying galleries on a free site, not meant to be mean or nasty to you. Just do things in moderation and don't draw so much attention to yourself. Calling the admin, an ass because you got called for a flagrant foul is not a good move, right? But now
the ball is back in your court now. Let's see if you can make those "free-throws".

E

I guess, that now I am living up to my name--ASS right, for stating the obvious.
E
Nov 18 at 2:37 PM
Welcome! Login or Register