bandwidth upgrade this week

It's official, ISPs are full of blockheads.

My updates on this are always vague because it's a rack I share with my brother in Houston (I live in Austin) and he's doing all the negotiations with the network people.

Apparently, it will still take another 5 days (from sometime Thursday/Friday that just passed) to install the new cabling required for our bandwidth upgrade. They had to measure the length of cable required to go from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor ceiling.

What's a mystery to me is why the data center doesn't already have these things taken care of. I'm not a network person, but I smell something funny, and it isn't our server overheating.

In any case, this comedy of errors will cease at some point if they intend to take our money. Have no fear. In other news (sorta bad for me but great for everyone else), a lot of real life work is coming to a close so I'm going to be spending some quality time with this site getting ready for the official rollout of all our new stuff, set to coincide Anime Expo.

If you're reading this and it's already Sunday, and I haven't gotten to your features or any sponsorship requests, please let me know and I'll have it taken care of.
Edited May 21 at 2:20 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 21 at 2:19 PM
Welcome! Login or Register