random news

And now, for your local news:

^^Slow Website^^

Resolving this by the end of this week, hopefully. Either the quality of service improves, or I move the server to a better location.

^^New Engine, Starting with Photos^^

Haven't forgotten about this. A good solid block of Rubberslug time clearing up soon. I've been busy scraping together enough money for a lot of big changes at Rubberslug HQ. I've picked up a developer assistant to help with your feature requests. If he sticks with the project, he'll be introducing himself soon.

^^Shop^^

More popular than I expected. It'll see some improvements after the photo section using the new engine is done.

^^Merchandise^^

As promised, fun Rubberslug swag coming soon. I need to get all the paperwork set up to make this work. It may be Paypal-driven at first until I get credit card processing set up.

I definitely want at least basic logo shirts before summer convention time rolls around. It'll be high-quality stuff. I won't sell it if I don't think it's cool.

^^Badges^^

We need to commemorate members with special abilities/interests. I'm thinking we should start with:

1) Site designers, as listed in that stickied thread
2) Sponsors
3) A special one for our most unusual friend Zag, who has appears to have seen more anime than the rest of us put together and is way more useful than I am.
4) Anything else we can think of.

^^Learning Museum^^

An educational trip through the wonderful world of anime cel collecting, built with your help. More details on this later.

^^Artist Roundtable^^

I'd like to fill my address book with the names of some of you talented and artistic people out there for possible collaboration in future projects (including this ongoing one). If you are a creative type and find us amusing, please feel free to e-mail me with a link to your work.

Thanks for being patient with us and our ongoing quest to make this the coolest website in the galaxy.
Edited Apr 25 at 3:37 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Apr 25 at 3:28 AM
(Coolest website in the galaxy)
This should be on the t-shirt!!!
NOTE: Get copyright!!!!

Don't forget pockets on the shirts, we nerds need a place for our pens and smokes.

The Learning Museum sounds like alot of fun!!!

Zag needs a title like "Official Cel Name Finder"
or something like that.

Roy
backlotanimation
Backlotanimation
Apr 25 at 8:41 AM
*blushes*
I haven't seen more anime than you'all, I just spend a lot of time wandering through japanese pages full of obscure anime images / cels.
I just have a weird eye for detail, and a strange memory for art styles.
Thanks for the vote of confidence tho!
Zag
Zag's Cels of Junk She Likes
Apr 26 at 8:27 AM
I agree the museum sounds great! And Zag has helped heaps of people ID cels, i dont think we could find anyone more suited to the job!
(go ZAG!)

xx rubberslug xx
alyssium
Gates of Alyssium
Apr 26 at 10:59 PM
Awww.. Rubberslug kisses back at ya. I feel honored that people find my little hobby helpful.
Zag
Zag's Cels of Junk She Likes
Apr 27 at 9:20 AM
Welcome! Login or Register