Wishlist Q&A

So. I should prolly ask here than in the Cels forum :p

What are the rules for the Wishlist section? Obviously, the main gallery area should be devoted at least in majority to official production cels/sketches/whatever, but since the wishlist is for cels/sketches/whatever NOT in one's possession, what are the guidelines to follow when posting optional images?

I admit I have a few images I took from other people, but I'm slowly trying to replace them with screen captures. It's slow-going because I don't own some of the shows I'm trying to provide images for. :(
jen_aside
SGP's cel gallery, by Jen
Nov 07 at 2:58 PM
It would be preferable, but highly unpractical, if you would not use other people's cels in your wishlist section. However, it's really hard to say, "I want something like..." without resorting to the sometimes difficult screen capture method -- especially if you don't have a capture card.

The best thing to do is either ask permission or at least credit the owner of the cel (with a link) when using it. It's more of an editorial use in a wishlist, since by definition if it's in a wishlist the implied claim is that you don't have it as you said above.

Incidentally, since this topic seems to come up a lot around here... if anyone out there in Rubberslug land wants to learn more about the bigger picture, either put "fair use" into Google or go to a site like this:

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/multimed/

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 10 at 10:15 PM
Welcome! Login or Register