Image theft question

Well I don't think that I was being a "jerk" by putting up a thumbnail of a cel in your collection in my Wishlist. But I did take it down as a favor.

There were no rules on rubberslug on image posting for a wishlist, I saw only a rule for personal galleries that the cels needed to be owned by the site owner. I thought the purpose of the wishlist was to showcase samples of cels you wished you owned. Sorry that I used images from yours, but I just Googled the names of the cartoons I was looking for and placed them on my site as samples, I didn't mean to "steal" your cels. I never said the cels on my wishlist were mine and no bandwidth was taken by linking to your images at all.

Usually showcasing images for personal use on a fan site is part of public domain use, generally as long as the site is not used for commercial purposes or profit. Otherwise all the images on rubberslug that are posted would be illegal since the cartoon production companies are the ones that own the rights & trademarks to the images. But as common courtesy and request I switched all my wishlist images to generic shots.
Edited Mar 03 at 2:48 PM
baronv
Baron V's Animation Cel Gallery
Mar 03 at 2:47 PM
Welcome! Login or Register