sick day

I'm not a doctor, but I'd prescribe lots of rest and the occasional hot soup or tea.
COLLECTIVE
c o l l e c t i v e.
Feb 24 at 9:24 PM
I'm sorta better. Thanks for the well-wishes. I think I've got a pinched nerve or something on top of the flu. But that's going away too.

The last time I was sick when I went AFK for a month was... bad. I *should* have went to the hospital and/or gotten (more) medication, but I never did.

How bad is bad? Think about sticking your head in a freezer and taking the deepest breath of your life. Every breath, day and night. Raw coughing fits that make the room spin. Felt like that for about a month. I read in the news a few weeks later that there was some sort of drug-resistent strep in this part of Texas that was putting people in comas and stuff. I could believe it. I'm pretty sure I shaved a few months off my lifespan. I didn't really feel okay until at least October.

This? This was a cakewalk. It sucked pretty bad on Tuesday, but I've been slowly resuming work since Wednesday afternoon.

The moral of the story here is, if you're thinking, "Should I be in the emergency room?"... the answer is probably yes.
Edited Feb 24 at 10:46 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 24 at 10:45 PM
Don't forget you're a mortal human, too. Nobody expects you to play machine :) You're doing this for free and you can lean back whenever you wanna or needa :)

Just wanted to say this for quite a while.
Ore-sama
Money's Grave - Mother's Grief
Mar 15 at 2:24 PM
We should all go on a quest for a cel of chicken soup, for future bouts of ickiness. XD
Zag
Zag's Cels of Junk She Likes
Mar 15 at 6:41 PM
Welcome! Login or Register