Format/html problem

This new thing you added on the bottom left with site info, it messes up the little "make your own free cel gallery" box thing on the right. (at least for my 800x600 screen. You might want to look into it.
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Nov 01 at 9:21 AM
The date it says my gallery was created, is not the date I created it. :/ I definatly started my gallery here at rubberslug.. in october or november of 2001. I did do an *update* on 2/14/02, but I opened before hand.

Its not just mine either.. you can still see the "gallery open" note in the "news" section of this site:

blue.rubberslug.com

and the date opened is different from the creation date. How was the date of creation determined? o.o Just wondering...

I'll shutup now ^^;;
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Nov 01 at 12:11 PM
I don't remember what order people showed up, but I just checked to see if it was working for my gallery and a few of the first people I remember who hosted galleries here. Plastic Future and Mei's Cel World appear to be showing relatively correct dates. I did think that some seemed kinda wrong though. I could've sworn that some of the created dates looked kinda late when I did this too, but I just chalked it up to absent-mindedness. I'll look at it.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 01 at 4:53 PM
I'm not seeing the formatting problems. I'm using Internet Explorer 6/SP1 on a Windows machine. If you have something different, could you by any chance send me a screenshot? If that's out of the question, don't worry about it.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 01 at 4:54 PM
Okay, the create date is entered into the database from the first time you create a cel. (I think.)

I have this vague impression why there was a good reason I made it work like this, but for the life of me I can't remember why. I hate it when the one decision I *don't* document is the one I need to know the specifics of. I usually write in the code why I do things for instances just like this -- someone asks why something works a certain way and I have to look back at something I wrote a year and a half ago.

Why doesn't the createdate get made when you pick a name? I have no idea! I'm sure Jason-of-June-2001 had a real good reason so I don't want to change it until I remember why I did this.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 01 at 5:03 PM
Welcome! Login or Register