What's with these points???

Hi,

I have been reading a lot of the forum and many times Mod's have used a point system, ie 100 points to you and 50 points to you etc. Do the points have to do with selling? What's Up?

Thanks ^_^
mattness78
Nov 28 at 12:05 AM
The points have nothing to do with anything. =)

Someday, they might do something. For now, they're just fluff. It took me a half hour to make a point system, so I did it. No one knows exactly what we should do with it.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 28 at 2:07 AM
I'd like to redeem my points for lobsters. Or tokens to the RS lobster machine, when one is obtained.
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
Nov 28 at 2:59 AM
That's not a bad idea.

Maybe we can have a giveaway someday where the prize will be:

http://shop15.omahasteaks.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=3&PCR=1:400:450&RAND=W1207

unless you meant a still-swimming lobster. In that case, I probably can't help you there.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 28 at 5:37 AM
What is sooooo funny about this point stuff, is that my wife and I love to gather points >> as in "point cards", that are big perks for almost everything that you shop or buy here in Japan.

People own wallets just for perk cards. We have used them for free meals, drinks, discounts, and you name it, they have a point card for it. It is like the 21st version of cutting out the grocery store coupons out of the newspaper, which I think is great, some think is too penny pinching, but I am one of those that love a discount at any rate.

I even get into it with my video store card. The more points that I collect, in the end, I can get a free dvd or vid rental. And of course, the all mighty flight mileage airline cards. Go back and forth to the States is a lot of points!

I am sure that we could think of some kind of point perk, but like isn't this site already free?
How much more of a perk could there be? =)
Edited Nov 28 at 5:43 AM
E
Nov 28 at 5:42 AM
Welcome! Login or Register