Yahoo-Japan proxy services

I have found so many excelent cels on Yahoo-Japan. What bidding proxy service does everyone use? Or perhaps you are lucky enough to read Japanese and place your own bids.

I have been using Rinkya and can't complain yet but all the service fees do start to pile up if you use their service frequently.

I guess this is balanced a little because I have noticed that many cels go for a lower winning price than a similar cel on Ebay or other online dealer.
Mokman
Mokman's Macross & Robotech Cels
Nov 17 at 12:16 AM
I like Celga, but I think the fees are similar.
Just mentally tack on $20 to the ending cel price for inside Japan shipping/handling. (more if you buy something really honking expensive, $5 less if it's under $10 end price)

I use Rinkya for their translation button and to look for stuff that Celga doesn't have on their search list.

But that's just me. :)
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Nov 17 at 2:46 AM
I use Shopping Mall Japan, although since I haven't ever used anyone else I can't say how their fees match up. From what I hear, it's pretty close I guess. Now that I think about it, I haven't bought anything through them since they changed over from Anime Chaos, but that's only because there's been nothing on Yahoo Japan that I had to have lately.
OnWingedFeet
Nov 17 at 10:31 AM
I always use Anime Dep (http://www.animedep.jp/). Toru, who runs it, is a very nice guy and I think the commission costs are fair and standard.

I use Rinkya's site sometimes for searching Yahoo Auctions Japan though.
Tetsuo
Nov 17 at 3:00 PM
I have been Rinkya for the past year or so. I think they are, for the most part, very fair when it comes to their fees. The only complaint I have is you can't combine shipping when you buy multiple cels from the same seller. It is also kind of a pain to pay for each auction individually if you buy a bunch on the same day?

I think Rinkya has excellent customer service. I have had a couple of difficulties with transactions, but they were dealt with quickly and much to my satisfaction.

I also like the fact that the bidding on Rinkya is more real time than with a seller like Celga. I have stayed away from Celga because I didn't like the way you had to submit your bit so far in advance and they will place it on the day the auction ends. This makes it difficult to bid the auction's buyout price if it is available.

As you have said, buying cels on Y!J can save a bunch of money.. I know that there are cels in my collection that I would have cost me a lot more if I bought them from a dealer. With this in mind, I think the 20-30 dollars in commission is a bargain a lot of the time...
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Nov 17 at 5:21 PM
Welcome! Login or Register