Title Control and Fonts

How about control over "series " titles.

Right now, I think that alphabetical priority is the rule of order over series. Can it be overcome? Would it be possible to have control of the sequence of titles without having to follow the A,B,C approach without too much difficulty?

Some people may want to have "put their best cels" in higher priortiy if they have titles that start at the end of the alphabet, they have to create unnatural letters or symbols to acheive the effect may be distracting. The reverse is also true. "Misc. or Other cels title may be wanted at the end of the list". Just a suggestion.

Is it possible for RS to have more than (I think) 4 set fonts to choose from within the layout selections present? Can you add some more fonts?

E
E
Oct 22 at 10:54 PM
1) Series ordering and series nesting won't be in until the database gets an upgrade. Long story. That will be finished hopefully sooner than later. For now you can push a series to the top of the list (like a coming soon page), but that's about it. It's a really cheesy workaround, but most of the problems with series ordering seem to be from people who just want to put a "coming soon" page of some sort at the top of the list.

2) You have pretty much all the fonts that come standard on most machines. Two sets of sans-serif and one set of serif for PC and one of each for mac. You might be able to see other stuff, but most people will not.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 23 at 4:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Database! Ohhh okay...
I understand about the fonts...

I am debating whether or not I should take down my Japanese Kanji and Katakana titles or not too. Some people have complained about all of the "??????" question marks that they see on my page because their computer browsers are not set up to read the Japanese font :(

Thanks JN,

E
E
Oct 25 at 10:51 PM
I think it's cool. A looong, loong time ago, I was under the impression that you were just trying to be clever with the kana until I realized that you actually lived in Japan. Heh.

Until MS operating systems start to ship with multiple language sets pre-installed, some people are going to still see "????"s. Chalk this one up to lack of default international support. Not your fault, nor anyone else's for that matter. The vast majority don't need this functionality.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 29 at 5:03 PM
Welcome! Login or Register