Best place to keep cels...

I currently keep my cels in a special binder at my on campus apartment, but I fear the flucuating temperatures (no thanks to my roommates) may be harming them.

Should I move them to home, or somehow find a new place to store them? Right now they are on the top of my book shelf.
pinkie}{promise
cels of sugar
Oct 24 at 5:05 PM
Hi Pinkie, if the temperatre changes are fairly minimal your collection should be fine- I'd be more worried about living in a campus apartment and my mates knocking the binder around after a night on the piss ^__^

Seriously, if the temperatures alter in a short space of time this MAY cause long term damage ie melt the paint when it's hot which may solidify thus sticking to the binder/douga. Keeping your cels out of sunlight is a great way to keep them looking fresh because t reduces line-fade.
Displaying them is fine- who doesn't want to see their artwork? But it's best to frame cels behind UV protected glass on acid-free mounts.

When it comes down to it Pinkie, if you don't need to have your cels on campus it could be safer to leave them at home where you can keep them in a controlled environment!
Krafty
BlueBlade Anime Art
Nov 03 at 8:43 AM
FRIENDS IN COLLEGE WITH YOUR CELS=DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!
Char
Nov 03 at 9:02 AM
Don't worry, nobody touches the cels - 'cept me or when I'm in the room. My door has a lock so they're good and safe while I'm in classes ;)

One of my roommates is an old friend. I actually gave her some cels last Christmas - so she's knows it's important to me.

And thanks for answering ;D
pinkie}{promise
cels of sugar
Nov 03 at 5:02 PM
Hello Pinkie
get yourself a cheap foam cooler and put them in it.
The temps will not change as quickly and the cooler will keep folks out of your artwork.bonus

Roy
backlotanimation
Backlotanimation
Jan 08 at 11:58 AM
Welcome! Login or Register