Azumi the Movie

I just finished watching Ryuhei Kitamura"s Azumi and it was incredible!!! I'm running out to get Versus now! So what I want to know is what else have I been missing only buying Anime? Anyone have any live action Japanese flicks to recomend. I've also watched in the last 3 days Suicide Circle and Juon. (both great!) I know since Ringu there have been allot of horror flicks out, any recomendations on that front?
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Oct 22 at 1:16 PM
Ewww...versus...

...blah...

:)
Startyde
The Startyde
Oct 22 at 7:33 PM
I saw Versus at a quirky movie theather here called the Alamo Drafthouse (http://www.drafthouse.com) that descibred it as "time-travelling zombie gangsters with swords" or something close to that. It's a great movie if you are in a good mood to watch something absolutely terrible. I called it "The Matrix" filmed on location at the Blair Witch Project.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 23 at 12:42 AM
Ok I've heard that Versus is hype, but Azumi has a cinematic 360 sword fight that kicks soooooo much ass. It has all the cool stuff required for a true cult classic, she kills her childhood love and then goes on to kill every one in her path, with style. I love that show.
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Oct 23 at 1:51 AM
Hey, I never said I didn't enjoy it. I had a blast watching it... but probably for unintended reasons.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 24 at 5:43 AM
Welcome! Login or Register