things you never got around to watching

This afternoon, I decided to take a crack at my pile of borrowed DVDs/tapes of "Things I Always Meant To Watch But Never Did". The pile consists of Nadia, Five Star Stories, Shamanic Princess, Magic Knights Rayearth, Heroic Legend of Arslan, Ruin Explorers, and one of the Sailor Moon movies -- because I have never actually seen a complete episode of Sailor Moon.

I picked Ruin Explorers. Sorta like Indiana Jones meets Slayers. Not going to make many top 10 lists, but quite amusing as something to watch during lunch. Need for finish ep 3 and 4 over some warm tea and snacks before bed.

Anyone else have a pile of assorted unwatched anime? What's in your pile?

The utter weirdness of this post reminds me that I need to get front page and/or forum weblog updates working (with pictures).
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 04 at 1:35 AM
I've a small pile. I'm not sure I want to admit to not finishing up the last few episodes of Cowboy Bebop and the movie... (ducks any flames)
I also got bogged down about half way through the Heroic Legend of Arslan, and have yet to watch my Night on the Galactic Railroad.

I think I was at this point when I started tearing through the Kenshin series, and after all those episodes, and the OVA, I think I forgot I owned anything else!

I kinda feel like I should feel shame and sit in the penalty box for two minutes...
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Oct 04 at 5:45 AM
SAdly, my collection of Anime is as small as my cel collection. Having kids really limits your extra spending money.

But I do have "the Cat Returns" which I keep forgetting to watch, along with a bunch of later episodes of "Azumanga Daioh!", "Mahou Romatic", and sadly, most of "Blue Seed".
Also, I seem to make a habit of accidently missing the last episodes of series'. I need to see the last episode of "Kiddy Grade" and "Chobits". I always fall asleep at the end of marathons. >_<
Zag
Zag's Cels of Junk She Likes
Oct 04 at 12:00 PM
Fooley Cooley I borrowed it on dvd about 6 months ago and its still sitting there calling to me to watch it.
Oh there is a video I have of Urusei Yatsura that a friend of mine foistered upon me but I will probably never get around to watching it.
Bevhippy
Animental
Oct 04 at 1:47 PM
I have a huge stack of stuff on my entertainment center to watch. Right now, I have the 3rd boxed set of You're Under Arrest, the Sakura Wars OVA box, Excel Saga, Now and Then, Here and There, Key the Metal Idol, Lodoss Wars TV and the entire Card Captor Sakura TV series. I also have the last 2 disks of both Nuku Nuku TV and Witch Hunter Robin. Finally, there is the first 2 disks of Wolf's Rain and R.O.D the TV, I've already seen these fansubbed, so they aren't a big deal.

If you want to talk about fansubs, I need to get caught up on Monster, Ghost in the Shell: 2nd GIG, and Samurai Champloo. I also need to finish Peace Maker Kurogane and Paranoia Agent, but that this rate, I'll just end up buying the DVDs. I have also been meaning to watch Otogizoushi...

Now that I look at this list, I see that the combo of working full time and going to school almost full time causes me not to watch a lot of the stuff I have collected. I keep telling myself I should stop buying stuff until I watch what I have, but I don't see that happening...
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Oct 04 at 4:24 PM
Welcome! Login or Register