What's your blood type? =)

There are 4 basic types- In order of most to least"

O
A
B
AB

Do you even know it?
Ever get asked that question? =)

Well, I have many times.. I didn't even know what mine was until I started living in Japan!
Here in Japan it is the equivalent to asking for your Zodiac sign in the West. And may even be believed even more so. The mythos of blood traiting here is becoming a boom industry. They devote TV air time to the topic often. Some companies even go as far as grouping "types" together for certain jobs in certain work environments. Some classrooms are also being experimented with by grouping students according to their blood types. Now, there is a diet trend,, it goes on and on..

I know you Sailor Moon fans know what I am talking about! And a lot of you computer game fans that involve girls should know also that this is universal =)

And even then, it took a doctors visit for a check up for me to finally ask. Finding out that I was "a B-gata" or blood-type B.. which is one of the less common types somehow sure made my wife happy... She thought that I was an "O" type, her least favorite type (sign), but is the most common type in America by far.

I know,-- whatever right?!! But, come to Japan be on your bloody guard =)

http://www.tapanime.com/info/bloodtypes.html
Edited Sep 15 at 6:35 PM
E
Sep 15 at 6:31 PM
My mom believes I am B, but I'm not sure, I hate needles so I won't check my blood type yet...

So I am not really sure...
moonrabitt
Melody on the Moon
Sep 15 at 7:23 PM
I am type A and I guess I fit the profile - intellectual and mild-tempered (except when the Packers are losing). My wife is type B and somehow with that combination of genes my son managed type O. Hmm.. I wonder what the mailman is...
OnWingedFeet
Sep 16 at 7:18 AM
I've known my blood type since highschool biology class. I'm AB, my husband is A, daughter #1 is B and daughter #2 is A.

That profile of A doesn't come close to my husband's personality. The others.....hmmm.
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Sep 16 at 8:56 AM
[quote]My wife is type B and somehow with that combination of genes my son managed type O.[/quote]

Actually, the way blood type works is that the O is recessive, so if you and your wife are AO and BO, your blood types will be A and B, respectively. But if you both passed down the O, then your son will have OO and be an O! And AB is the least common because it means you have to have an A from one parent and a B from another, which doesn't happen very often.

Yep, I'm an A.
Edited Sep 16 at 11:58 AM
invisiblegoddess
Diamonds & Sapphires
Sep 16 at 11:57 AM
Welcome! Login or Register