日本語?

[adminpoll]60[/adminpoll]

Are you Japanese?

We want to know if our Japanese visitors prefer to use this website in Japanese rather than English.

At least one of our site moderators can speak Japanese and we would like to accomodate all visitors.

Thank you.

----

(For the English-language audience: I'll be using another poll from the "poll questions" thread next. The greatest number of visitors outside of North America come from Japan, however, and I'd like to know how difficult it is to navigate this site given my bad habit of non-standard English.)

side note: Anyone who speaks Japanese (not using a horrible automatic translator) is welcome to translate my welcome message above for anyone who might need to read it.
Edited Aug 29 at 8:57 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Aug 29 at 8:30 PM
Hmmm, how about those who 'read' Japanese. I can speak passable conversation Japanese, but can't read it at all. #_#

Even though I can't read it, I'd love to see RS in Nihongo mode. :D
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Aug 30 at 11:52 AM
Not only can't I read Japanese, but my computer doesn't show what ever is written, all I see is empty blocks. ::(
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Aug 30 at 4:11 PM
Birdie, you can change all of that with a few adjustments
First go to your Internet Explorer browser and click on "View" at the top, scroll down to "Encoding", and select "Auto Select".

Close your all browser, re-open and go to a Japanese language page again.. If you don't see the Japanese then do one of the following:

If you are using Microsoft Explorer 4.0 to 6.0.. go to tools, Internet options,languages, add, and choose Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. If those are not there then...

Go to MSN.com>on the left side banner go down towards the bottome and click on>Technology>downloads>Microsoft>Internet Explorer> download it.. and start over from the top.

[b]Or you can go to the NEW resource links page right here on RS =)[/b]

http://www.rubberslug.com/resource/links.aspx

and
look for the link "Computer vs. Japanese"

I hope that helps..

I haven't added anything for Mac or Firefox, Mozilla, but then they may not have those problems..??
Edited Aug 30 at 4:48 PM
E
Aug 30 at 4:46 PM
Thanks E, it would work if I could just find my friggin' XP disk. It needs to install something for the Japanese to appear. I'll find it eventually. Thanks for the help.
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Aug 30 at 8:06 PM
Welcome! Login or Register