picking winners

[adminpoll]54[/adminpoll]

Poll submitted by guyvariii.

Hmm, I'd say composition. I like buying cels that are interesting to both someone who knows the intimate details of every episode as well as someone who may be a total stranger to the piece in question.

I was always backwards on the whole characters thing. Personally, I don't really want a character wearing a strange costume because it might not "read" as that character in a still shot (consider Belldandy with short hair...wouldn't that be strange?). Price is one of those things you look at and try to think of what else you could get with that money. Knowledge of the scene is nice, but sometimes it ties into the price too much. You could have a cel from right before a character gets killed, but it won't seem like anything to someone who doesn't know exactly where it's from in the show.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Aug 17 at 2:34 AM
As you could probably tell by my gallery name, I'm very character oriented. I did have to think a little bit before I came to a decision though.

I almost chose composition, but even though it may look nice, if I have no clue who it is, it won't keep my attention as well as another cell that has a character I know and love in an offcenter or partial frame.

That having been said, I did just buy a cel of a character I didn't know, but found very attractive! ~_^ I AM looking for heartthrobs...!
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Aug 17 at 3:23 AM
I perfer to get the ones that draw my eyes, however if caught between a familar character and an unknown I tend to go for the familar one. I hunt Bishies, but I adore grabbing those precious frozen seconds that are cel images.
KageNeko
KageNeko's Frozen seconds
Aug 17 at 8:59 AM
My choice is half composition and character.

I now collect only certain characters and I like to choose scenes that can be appreciated by anyone. My mom, who is def. not into anime, sometimes will see a cel and say it's nice. High praise from her!
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Aug 17 at 4:16 PM
Composition mostly, whatever looks cool. And though it's not an option, what kind of Background it has plays heavily on my mind. Nearly every cel I have ever sold or passed on was due largely beacuse it did not have a BG...
Startyde
The Startyde
Aug 17 at 8:38 PM
Welcome! Login or Register