Team collecting?

My previous post got me thinking about the concept of team collecting. Does anyone have a fellow collector that helps you find cels from a particular series? Do any of you have a "Gentleman's Agreement" with a rival collector so you both don't bid upon the same cel needlessly? Has anyone been able to benefit from an extra set of eyes scouring the Internet for those elusive wish list cels?

I have had the opportunity to get to know a few of my fellow collectors and have seen a lot of these benefits. I now own a cel I was using as an avatar because a certain collector saw it on E-bay. I have gotten e-mails from a few collectors once a lot of cels from a series I was collecting were posted on Y!J. I also have a few collectors that I won?t bid against unless I really want the cel too?

I some kind of mutant because I do this kind of stuff? Am I one of the few collectors that have these sort of relationships, or are most people lone gunmen when it comes to cel hunting?
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Aug 10 at 8:29 PM
Of course! I know plenty of other collectors - we send each other links to various cels...but more like trying to get the other person to spend money rather than being nice ;) And for a few series I collect, I know just about every other buyer and work with them to divide things up ahead of time so we aren't running each others bids up. I would imagine this is common...
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
Aug 11 at 12:55 AM
I am forever scanning Yahoo Japan so I am almost always sending links of Gundam Wing back to my friends Forky and Spoony from SugarFreak and Doom on you galleries. I even send Zenki links to my friend Kami.

They in turn bring my attention to Samurai trooper cels they see.

Mostly we do this through IMs and email.
KageNeko
KageNeko's Frozen seconds
Aug 11 at 1:02 AM
All you need to do is type Mezzo and or Kite into the RS search bar. The results of which are all of Startyde's friends.

And Transformers...and Devilman...Golden Boy too...ah hell...I love you all... :) :) :)
Startyde
The Startyde
Aug 11 at 6:34 PM
Gabriel,

??more like trying to get the other person to spend money rather than being nice ;)?

I think there is some real truth to this statement. I know that Cel Hunter J and I are good at draining each other?s wallets when it comes to cels from ?Blue Gender". It's good to hear others are out there helping fellow collector's spend their money...
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Aug 11 at 8:05 PM
Welcome! Login or Register