Does one cel make a section?

I was showing my gallery to a friend that commented that I shouldn't have only one cel in a section. He said it was almost a waste of time to look at a section that was only one deep. He suggested that I hide the sections of my gallery from public view until I found more cels from the series.

I disagree with this argument. I feel that cels from some shows are either too rare, or too expensive to be lumped into a Misc. gallery. I also don't see the point in having a publicly listed gallery where you are hiding sections of cels until you manage to find another cel from the series.

What do you guys think?
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Aug 03 at 9:22 PM
Since six of my nine sections have only one cel, I obviously agree with you, rather than your friend.
Right now, those are the only cels I have of those series.
Hide 'em, schmide 'em. I say show them!
If someone doesn't want to look at just a single cel, they certainly don't have to. There may be many others who fall in love at first sight with that one cel. Who knows? (...the Shadow knows...)
Bwahahahaha!
Okay, back to work.
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Aug 03 at 11:00 PM
I'm all for one cel per, simply because the site search engine only looks for sections. If you hide cool cels in a Misc section it makes them very hard to find. As far as completely hiding the cels pashaw! If it bothers your friend turn on the ?show how many cels per category feature? and he doesn't have to click on the ones with only one cel. I have several categories with only one cel, but I?m very proud of some of those!
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Aug 03 at 11:55 PM
I think it does not matter if you got one or or ten. The point of this is to share the artwork so I figure put it all out there for the public to view giving everyone a chance to look at pieces that they may have never seen
iacon13
Iacon City Transformers Cel Gallery
Aug 05 at 2:28 PM
I think one cel in a section is fine. There are a lot of nice cels here in various RS galleries that nobody ever sees because they are buried in "miscellaneous" sections so the search engine doesn't pull them up.

Plus I do it sometimes, so it MUST be ok! ;)
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
Aug 05 at 2:33 PM
Welcome! Login or Register