All new links page!

Howdy. Now that I'm not deathly ill, it's time to get back to work on the site. Pardon the two week interruption in service.

http://www.rubberslug.com/member/mod_link.aspx

I've
redone the links page from the ground up. Before, I was hesitant to spend the time to do it the "right" way but it became clear with the number of unfixable bugs due to unsupported technology that the "right" way is the only way to go.

Bang on it for a bit and see if you can break it. Instead of crashing for no apparent reason, all the new pages should report an error that you can e-mail to me. In the near future, I'll make it so that I automatically get notified when something crashes so that I can get better insight on how and where there are breaking.

I tested this with my site, a test site with nothing on it, and startyde's site because there were a set of links on there that would fail to move 100% of the time. Now, they move.

[geekrant]
To make a long story short, it *was* a problem with the language, not me. For all you ASP 3.0 developers out there, abandon ship now: sprocs with recursive transaction calls fail randomly via ADO/VB. I wuv you C#.
[/geekrant]

As soon as this is perfected, I'll be working on converting the same code to run sales for a central anime and cel collecting market. Cheers, and g'night.
Edited Jul 27 at 3:10 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jul 27 at 2:59 AM
Welcome! Login or Register