Shared Galleries

Following our current poll? There was recently talk about having a super-gallery of some kind where multiple people can upload. This will take some effort but for now I suggest a workaround: sharing an account between anyone who wants to upload something to the gallery. The mods would control who has access to the gallery and I don't seriously think anyone would go through and try a mass deletion of anything in the gallery.

Would this work for now, as a test? We could also have guest designers in the future. (I'll probably end up doing the first one though.) Oh, also, suggest some themes for our first shared gallery that is a) interesting to your average collector and b) where we could get a lot of user participation.

Be creative. Although we will likely have a few "show-specific" galleries, the ideal gallery theme would be around a creator of multiple titles (CLAMP), a recurring theme (giant robots), or something else unusual.

The original "ubergallery" thread:
http://www.rubberslug.com/board/showthread.asp?T=528
Edited Jun 28 at 2:05 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 28 at 1:56 PM
Personally, I think it would be good to start with an easy one like picking an particular animation studio. I know there are a ton of AIC cels out there so that one will be very easy and cover a broad spectrum. Other animation studios to think about might be Madhouse and Toei...

As for a little more challenging one, I'd like to see a cyborg/cyberpunk gallery. I think it could be a lot of fun...
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Jun 29 at 6:18 PM
Girls with Guns Gallery...

...just rolls off the tongue, no?
Startyde
The Startyde
Jun 30 at 1:39 PM
I'm *all* for a CLAMP gallery. Other thoughts- Bishounen
People with Swords
Romance
Creatures
Science Fiction

Er. Not that I'm... biased or anything. Damn shoujo fangirls. >.>
Weyrlady
Frozen Moments Cel Gallery
Jul 01 at 8:04 PM
How about something to satisfy everyone... =)

Create a "tabbed template" as a front page and hyperlinks to different genres (galleries)labeled out on the tabbed front page--- click on the tab.. and go a whole universe of what you want to see.

example:

sciFi/fantasy
bishi-yayoi/yuri/shoujo
comedy/love comedy/sitcom
cyber-punk/techno-thriller
action/marial arts/shonen
giant robot/mecha
childrens/classic/epic
space opera/drama
adult/hardcore/ecchi

Special areas:
non-Japanese
hero/heroine
sexiest woman/man alive
the bad guys!
animal/creature stars
fancel
other

Drugs and alcohol,..oops wrong page.. =)

E
E
Jul 02 at 1:49 AM
Welcome! Login or Register