Success... almost

Dateline Houston, latenight.

Howdy folks. This message is being written on the new server. I know it's been down most of the night, but it's all because of one very tiny, annoying problem.

99% of the server worked in the first five minutes. However, the thing that makes thumbnails and shrinks sketch images automatically is broken. I've been trying to fix it for the last few hours but I think I've just made it angry and very broken.

What this means is two things:

* You cannot make thumbnails automatically. [fixed, see below]
* Sketches will refuse to display. [fixed, see below]

I will get the fixed pronto. Until then, my apologies for that one broken aspect of the site. Everything else seems to have transferred perfectly. I'll be going back to Austin tomorrow morning and I'll be devoting the next four or five days getting this working 100% and then we can get onto new features. Thanks for your patience.

E-mail me if you find anything else weird with the server. Thanks! Back in the morning.
Edited Feb 13 at 3:41 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 12 at 1:09 AM
Alright! I am extremly relieved, besides the fact that I missed the Laker/Houston bb game!

Marvelous job~

those thumbs, yes..humm,
It must be the beer you spilled into the....

(just joking people-- I am 6,000 miles away)

Go Jason, Go Jason, --Go! More space, more speed, I can almost feeeeel it .. ;-)
E
Feb 12 at 7:44 AM
Whoa, I just looked at the game. I forgot all about it since I was at the server rack all last night. Yao dropped *29* on your guys. Francis *passed*. Why do I always miss those rare games? I was sure Rockets were going to blow it because they always screw up whenever they tell claim to the media that they're making progress (they were saying how good they were getting in some pregame stuff I saw in the local paper).

I swear, Rockets could actually be good if they just played up to their opponents every night whether they respect them or not. We lost to Miami last week, for crying out loud.

Oh, in a side note thumbnail processing has been rewritten from the ground up. The module we were using was really screwed up for some reason when we copied it over, so I tossed it out and wrote our own. More about that in another post.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 13 at 3:38 AM
Welcome! Login or Register