breaking the bank

[adminpoll]33[/adminpoll]

This one came up in a (very) recent conversation. I haven't shopped for cels in over a year now (close to two years, I think), and I was vaguely interested in something in a Japanese auction. However, the closing price for this item ended up being around $900 US and for someone who just made a few large purchases, that's about $899 too much.

To me, that's an all-expense paid vacation. On the flip side, you can take a vacation any time you want... but some cels you'll never find again.

So how much have you spent on a single cel/sketch/item? How much would you be willing to spend?
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 08 at 5:25 PM
700US....... but aliens had taken over my body. I watched in hopeless terror as my fingers kept hitting the bid button...........(one of)again......(a kind)again.....(box art)and again.......Thank goodness I have not repeated the out of body cel collecting experience! Now, even if it's a wishlist I just can't bring myself to go over about 150ish. (Note: exceptions made for Angel's Egg cels ^_~)
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Feb 08 at 9:47 PM
480 US. I can't bring myself to break the 500 mark, and they are cels I REALLY want. But it just took me so long to think 250 was okay, it will take me another 2 years before I can come close to 1000.*gives me the shivers*
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Feb 08 at 9:56 PM
the most I ever paid was $280.00 for my Polylina (Galaxy Fraulein Yuna) and $250.00 for my Fam (Ruin Explorers)... my 3rd most expensive is my Fam and Ihrie ($110.00) shot with matching background up on ebay which I'm selling for a huge loss.

Most my other cels are around the 25-65 dollar range.

From,
Joe
JoeBoeing
Joe Boeing's Gallery O'Cels
Feb 08 at 10:39 PM
$150 for a set of genga, and I overpaid pretty bad. 0.0 I was sorta desperate, though.
Waffles
Daisuki Cels
Feb 08 at 10:43 PM
Welcome! Login or Register