HK subs

[adminpoll]30[/adminpoll]

A more boring than usual poll. I'm actually kinda curious since I've never bought one myself. I might never see the last 20 or so episodes of Kodomo no Omocha, though, so I might try a few episodes one of these days.

Oh yeah, I have no ideas why logins aren't saving anymore and why sketches are vanishing. I looked and looked but nothing has changed in the code.

Chalk that up to something is really wrong with the server. I'm buying a new one in the next couple days. I'm just waiting for the Dell specials to rotate to something that actually applies to me. (They have $300-400 worth of miscellaneous coupons and rebates, but they never apply to me. Changes weekly. =) )
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 15 at 11:23 PM
I like them, personally. They're easier than downloading and are dirt cheap. The subtitles range from almost perfectly fine to so bad it's funny.

The FLCL bootleg I got was rather well done. It was still even vaguely poetic. The Cat Returns actually took the time to create English puns.

On more amusing notes, the first Inuyasha movie kept calling Sesshoumaru "the killing pill". It was pretty funny hearing Rin say "The killing pill is so strong!"

In .hack//SIGN they said "Brain death is not the same as vegetable man." Sure ain't.

uh, I can't thik of anything else right now.
Waffles
Daisuki Cels
Jan 17 at 8:04 PM
Well, except for a very few exceptions, I ONLY have HK booties. Cause I don't see why spend more than necessary. I mean, my manga store asks me $20 for 40 minutes (or less, or even more, it's per disc) of entertainment, MY REAR!

So, I risk the bad subs. I understand enough Japanese to go without them in many cases, but it's reassuring to have decent subs. I noticed though, that eventhough names are still often changed into Chinese (*Yanki* Onizuka was a fun coincidence... a "Yankee" he is ^_~), the grammar and stuff seem to have gotten better lately.

I have, like 40 series (titles, I have NOT counted movies, OVAs or such which belong to the series I counted) on bootlegs. For the same money I spent on those booties I could have bought only 10 or LESS series legally. Sooo... ummmm... you get the point ;)

Ofcourse, when UNdispensible collectors items or boxes are attached and I SOOOOO want those, I buy a legal one. Like, the Lord of the Rings collector's gift boxes, you don't buy those as bootlegs! No Smeagol statures in bootlegs!

There are however, Declic Images anime DVDs, which are affordable. A 5 disc set for $40 is ok, I think. But unless I have $40 spare and LOVE the box they come in, I get the booty ;)
Oh and Fruits Basket and X, I found no booties...

Meep^^
Anna *in excruciating TTOTM pain*
Ore-sama
Money's Grave - Mother's Grief
Jan 21 at 1:16 PM
LOL! I know that Killing Pill one!! And yeah, the Ghibli subs are always great. They even sub BG sounds: [clicking] ... [clicking continues] (Mononoke Hime)

Or, Ayashi no Ceres: Aya just jumped down the bridge and almost got hit by a car. Aki asks: "Don't you wanna die?!" Sounds like Aya's supposed to answer: "No, would you like that?"

Or in Fushigi Yuugi, Miaka embraced Tamahome and sighed: "Nakago..." WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

In Hare Tokidoki Buta, Noriyasu is SPENCER and Harebuta is sometimes Pigpig and sometimes Sunny Pig... wheesh.

But I also love when subs are of too... curteous(?) English. Like, when they use very uncommon, snobbish-like synonyms for simple things. Like, I'll make up an example, for "F*ck you" use "Acquire sexual intercourse" if you know what I mean...

Lovely!
Anna
Ore-sama
Money's Grave - Mother's Grief
Jan 21 at 1:22 PM
I suffered through all 100+ episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho thinking Hiei was Kurama - Distaste!

And I hate that Sanji's name is Sunkist and Usopp is something stupid I can't remember in One Piece.

I want to replace everything with legitmate subbed copies but the companies are so slow to put anything out. Until then I'll make do with HK product.
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Jan 22 at 9:40 AM
Welcome! Login or Register