Anime-Beta is offline: Help needed.

Or maybe you mean that the software has been heavily modified, so that a global upgrade is not possible? Sorry if I'm a bit dim on hacker jargon. I've been called a "power user," but I'm no technician.
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Feb 07 at 5:50 PM
I could be wrong, but that was how I understood it.

I'm sure some bulletin-board software can be customized or modded if the admins and/or owners want to play with the code, or simply be used as-is.

I would expect it is possible to mod or customize such software enough to cause incompatibilities in the upgrade chain.
Edited Feb 07 at 6:20 PM
Pixel
Pixel's Randomness
Feb 07 at 6:20 PM
I hope it's okay. I noticed the board was visible again and tried it out. I posted an update there about the Azu E6 Genga/Layout Correction. I know I recently posted an entry about it here at RS, but it seemed like the easiest way to test whether replies to topics were functioning.

Though posting the reply seems to have worked, I will note an error message I got along the way:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead

Seems to be a remnant of code meant to work with the older version of PHP. I'm just guessing.
Edited Feb 07 at 11:55 PM
Pixel
Pixel's Randomness
Feb 07 at 11:54 PM
Yes, Anime-Beta is now back online, after a thorough reconfiguration to make it compatible with upgrades made on its server.

There are still some bugs in the system, which you will encounter as you navigate to forums: I am finding residual error messages (like the one Pixel flags) and noticing that some old messages still do not appear inside their message boxes. Please bring these bugs to the attention of The Team or to any of the Beta Administrators (I'm one), as we are actively mopping up the last of the issues.

Our thanks go to Rekka Alexiel, who took a lot of time in a busy week to deal with this, and to Magician, the previous technical admin., who returned to handle some of the more tricky changes in the software specifications.
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Feb 08 at 10:27 AM
Thanks to you all for your hard work getting Beta back up and running. :)

Reporting more issues-

I've tested attachments and previews. Attachments seem to upload, but the Place Inline button does not appear and a warning icon appears under status. When I click on that icon, I get "Error parsing server response."

Preview does not work at all. The preview does not show, I'm getting an error on the preview page -Too few characters.

The textbox where I typed the message is blank on the preview page.
Edited Feb 08 at 12:06 PM
Pixel
Pixel's Randomness
Feb 08 at 12:05 PM
Welcome! Login or Register