sales

I think paying to sell is a great idea! Why not do it like well say neopets........(don't laugh I love my Gelert) and rent store space.......fifty cents or a dollar per space per month. So say you want to have 10 cels for sale, you pay 5-10 bucks per month ( I pay nearly that just to maintain my YJ account). And to make it easy it would be a fixed space so you can just use those "slots" as you see fit. If you change your mind about selling or a cel sells you can replace it with another item but always at fixed price. That way if you only want to sell perhaps one or two cels at a time it will be really cheap and for those who want to sell much more it will still be thrifty but you have to give a little more.
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Jan 01 at 9:21 PM
I love selling things and I've always wanted a store. =3 I'm excited by the idea, frankly, and yet I'm vaguely concerned that I could do better business on ebay. I consider ebay to be an accurate representation of what a cel is worth in the current American market, pretty much. But, more so, I would be interested in having selling here just because it would give me another place to shop, if nothing else.
Waffles
Daisuki Cels
Jan 02 at 1:15 AM
I like the idea. I would rather sell to someone from this site and know that my cel is going to a good home. I have bought (on ebay) fan cels and regular cels from people who have galleries here. I think they might like the fact that they can see the cel even if they don't own it any more. Also this may help out with getting everyone to know everyone a little better by tradeing and selling. Just a random thought.
pogo
Catgirls, Beauties & Other Cels
Jan 02 at 2:45 AM
First time I've posted here, I think O.o; As for vouching for you birdie, I would be happy to. I couldn't have been more pleased with our trade that happened recently. ^_^

I would also be all for paying a flat fee to be able to sell on Rubberslug. Much better than the money going to support ebay. >.>
saiyanwolf
S.Wolfie's Lair
Jan 02 at 4:30 PM
Wow, seems like a pretty hot topic. Like I said, we have been planning this for some time but we really want it to be something that lots of people will find useful. What we don't want is a ghost town of unsold cels.

The first stage of the roll out will probably work more or less as described above. I would like to keep personal galleries and sales as separate as possible to preserve the "academic" collector aspect (closest word I could think of, not exactly that).

Thanks for your input. If anyone has anything else they'd like to suggest either here or personally by e-mail, please let me know. We are listening. Some sort of test program will go out after we get our server troubles sorted out. Getting it to stop crashing is our #1 priority right now.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 06 at 12:37 AM
Welcome! Login or Register